[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - URL to launch Voice Central

URL to launch Voice Central

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

URL to launch Voice Central

Postby jhong » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Is it possible, using the cydia app "Custom Home Button" to have the phone launch black swan when i double click my home button? It asks me for a URL to launch, can you tell me what the URL for the service is? (or does the app HAVE to be launched specifically via the icon on the home screen?)

thanks
james
jhong

Re: URL to launch Voice Central

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 pm

The app does have to run as a standalone app (no browser elements such as the address bar and buttons), so it must be launched from the icon on your home screen. I installed Custom HomeButton on a test device to see if Safari was "smart enough" to recognize a URL that has a home screen icon and launch it instead of the full Safari app when that URL is requested, but it was not.
Chris

Postby PaulB » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I have filled up all my screens with apps so the Add to Home Page option is not available after choosing the + sign. Do you know of a way to 'insert' a web app into the existing screens?
PaulB

Postby lindend » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm

PaulB wrote:I have filled up all my screens with apps so the Add to Home Page option is not available after choosing the + sign.

I have the same problem and search doesn't seem to find the app. What is the apps name so that we can search for it?
lindend

Postby lindend » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 pm

I deleted an app and was able to add it to my main screen. Is this a Safari limitation?
lindend

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm

The app is titled VoiceCentral by default, but you have the option to rename it as you add it to your Home screen.

Taking a shot in the dark here: is it possible for you to move one app's icon to a new screen so there is a blank space available on an earlier screen? If so, that might allow Safari to create the VoiceCentral icon in that blank space.

Another idea that I'm sure you thought about: is it time to do some housekeeping and ditch a few rarely used apps? I'm not being "funny" or sarcastic here. I can't imagine how disorganized I'd feel with that many apps and Home screens. My psychiatrist would probably love the extra income if I ever reached that point.

I do not condone jailbreaking, but I've read that those users get to choose how their iPhones behave and what apps run on them. One frequently referenced app is Categories, which allows you to organize your apps in folders. I can't help but wonder if that would "fool" Safari into letting you add more icons since you'd have fewer visible on the Home screen.
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm

lindend wrote:I deleted an app and was able to add it to my main screen. Is this a Safari limitation?

Yes, there is a predefined limit on the number of icons or Home screens you can have (I forget which the actual limit is applied to).
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm

jhong wrote:Is it possible, using the cydia app "Custom Home Button" to have the phone launch black swan when i double click my home button?

Anyone know how to reach the author of "Custom Home Button"? If so, see if you can get him/her to PM me on this forum and I can provide enough info to assist in adding the ability to choose a webclip from within that app. It's a rather complicated manual process, but it can be done and would add value to "Custom Home Button" beyond just easy access to VoiceCentral.
Chris

Postby PaulB » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:48 am

lindend wrote:I deleted an app and was able to add it to my main screen. Is this a Safari limitation?

I deleted an app (that I may add back later) and then pointed Safari to the install link (before syncing with iTunes) and it worked, except I can't actually see the app, but can find it via the search.
PaulB

Postby stuart » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Coming in version 1.1.0, you will be able to launch VoiceCentral from the url (on an iPhone or iTouch)

By hitting http://voicecentralwe.appspot.com/voicecentral.html

and including ?browser=true

This is for use from with other 3rd party apps

To have it start in a particular tab, add a "&tab=<tabbanme>" where <tabname> is SMS, Voicemail, Recents, Contacts or Keypad.

Example "http://voicecentralwe.appspot.com/voicecentral.html?browser=true&tab=SMS"

Stuart
stuart

Next

Return to General Support