[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - How about a native Google Voice app now?

How about a native Google Voice app now?

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

How about a native Google Voice app now?

Postby eprisencc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Since Apple has changed their developer agreement and Sean Kovacs has gotten word that google voice apps would be accepted are u guys planning to develop a native version of black swan?

U guys really change the HTML 5 world with your clever design to mobile web apps, however, there is still functionality that is not quite possible with a web app. It would be great if we could now finally have multitasking saved states, push notifications for text messages using gv mail forwarding, and direct dialing (which is already available via black swan) all from one unified app with the speed and added functions that only a native app, for the moment, can provide.
eprisencc

Re: How about a native Google Voice app now?

Postby joey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:37 am

I will have to agree. Lastest news is a game changer. Apple is slowly making changes for the best i would say. +1
joey

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 am

You may be interested in our latest blog entry:

http://www.riverturn.com/blog/?p=732

We're always interested to hear what our users think.
Chris

Postby recycle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:57 pm

The only issue with me which will probably make me switch to a native app is the contacts. I use an Exchange server to sync my contacts between Outlook on multiple PCs and my iPhone -- I can add/change in any place and they all update. Manually syncing with Google is a major yuk.
recycle

Postby jongpie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 am

recycle, you can setup your Gmail account on your iPhone to sync your contacts over the air through Google's exchange setup. I have this setup on my phone - I can add/edit/remove a contact in the native "contacts" app and it syncs with Google. Then, when I launch VoiceCentral, it gets the updates to my contacts from Google.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740
jongpie

Postby recycle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Do you sync with Exchange at the same time? I had tried simultaneous syncing when 4.0 first came out and had all sorts of problems. Maybe it has been cleaned-up by now -- I loathe the possibility of messing up all my contacts again if it doesn't work though...
recycle

Postby eprisencc » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Hooray, now Voice central is jumping in as well. I must admit that the user interface on Black swan is bar none the best GV implementation. I would hope that you guys keep a similar styling for your app store app as well. However, I suspect Apple might claim its too similar to their phone app so you guys might have to change the color or slightly tweak the design.
Last edited by eprisencc on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eprisencc

Postby eprisencc » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:04 pm

recycle wrote:Do you sync with Exchange at the same time? I had tried simultaneous syncing when 4.0 first came out and had all sorts of problems. Maybe it has been cleaned-up by now -- I loathe the possibility of messing up all my contacts again if it doesn't work though...

I have an iPhone 4 and sync 3 exchange accounts with no issues whatsoever.
eprisencc

Postby joey » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:07 pm

The native app store will bring much more business to vc and that means more money and maybe native push notifications.
joey

Postby applesinafton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 am

I'm in on the VC app returning......I love black swan but think we should have the choose. You guys at VC should rework your previous app and blow gv mobile out of the water.......we all are waiting....it's your move.....
applesinafton

Next

Return to Feature Requests