[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Option to Choose Default SMS Display View

Option to Choose Default SMS Display View

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Option to Choose Default SMS Display View

Postby jdia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:27 pm

I would like to have the option to specify the default view for the SMS page.

Specifically, I would like the ability to specify that the SMS page open up to the SMS Texting view (where you compose and send text messages).

Thanks.
jdia

Re: Option to Choose Default SMS Display View

Postby rainwater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Do you normally send texts to people you have never texted before? Most people initiate texts from previous conversations without having to find the user from the contact list each time.
rainwater

Postby jdia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 pm

rainwater wrote:Do you normally send texts to people you have never texted before? Most people initiate texts from previous conversations without having to find the user from the contact list each time.

About half and half. Some folks don't have my new GV number yet, so nothing to "reply" to...

But think about this too -- how often do you text someone on the same thread as the last one?

In this case, I would like to initiate a text message to an existing contact (grabbed from the contact list) without having to reply to an old, stale "thread" -- or even having to scroll down the list of SMS messages to find the right person.
jdia

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Our general guideline is to stick to the native iPhone behavior for consistency and ease of use. Since it launches to a conversation list, I doubt this behavior will be changed in our app without strong support from the user community.

Anyone else want to voice an opinion in either direction?
Chris

Return to Feature Requests