[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - ability to dial pasted numbers , showstopper?

ability to dial pasted numbers , showstopper?

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

ability to dial pasted numbers , showstopper?

Postby gideon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:21 pm

why would you want this?

well right now you have to manually dial the num, have it in ur contacts or have already sent/received calls (and maybe texts)

Say ur browsing a page or viewing an email
The iphone has some logic to dial, what it thinks are phone numbers, but with ur actual iphone number
a lot of time, this is not what you want, (i personally only give my actual cell # to my inner circle, otherwise anyone can phone ambush you at any time and or get on telemarketer lists, etc, etc)
I haven't found a away to turn off this iphone native parsing

how i've gotten around this is by selecting some other nearby text with the iphone's cut and paste facility, then dragging the bars so only the number is selected

so if ur browsing on the iphone, and want to dial someone, you have to store it somewhere else that you can view at the same time while bs is open, paper?, or remember it or toggle in between apps...

this sucks, and makes for a much more difficult user experience (clicks, loads, etc)

the old google voice mobile web app had this, but so far, i havent been able to find it on the new one
I didn't see a way to do this on bs either

I should add that both gv and bs allow this in sms (a keyboard and text field in the to address)
as does the iphone mail app

I should add that I bought vc when it was on the app store, b4 it was pulled, but i never received any preferential treatment for the beta bs version, nor was there a facility to say that uve already paid b4.. I know its only $3, but i didnt request a refund either

thanks
G
gideon

Re: ability to dial pasted numbers , showstopper?

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

The ability to paste phone numbers into the Keypad tab is on our radar. I added a +1 vote to it for you.

As for having purchased the other version of VoiceCentral, we really have no way to verify who purchased a copy and who received a refund from Apple. VoiceCentral Black Swan is a completely different application without a single line of shared code (they are not even written in the same programming language), so it's as fair as it is regrettable to have to treat it as a different application. It's a tough spot that Apple put us all in, and we're just happy to be able to work around it and provide a welcome solution.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests