[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Needs Cancel Call / Hangup Button

Needs Cancel Call / Hangup Button

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Needs Cancel Call / Hangup Button

Postby jdia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm

If you ever change your mind about a call (or entered the wrong number) and pressed "Call", there is NO WAY to cancel the call or hang up. Real phones have that and so should any app that purports to be a phone.

I have some other issues that I'll be reporting on under a different topic -- besides those already been reported by other Beta users.

Looks sexy and all, but doesn't seem to really work that well. Sounds like a secretary that used to work for me a while back... :lol:
jdia

Re: Needs Cancel Call / Hangup Button

Postby korey_sed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Call cancellation is already ther. Just click cancel on the call confirmation dialog to cancel the call.
korey_sed

Postby jdia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

korey_sed wrote:Call cancellation is already ther. Just click cancel on the call confirmation dialog to cancel the call.

That's really insufficient. Let's say you change your mind after the call confirmation???
jdia

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

We're definitely open to suggestions regarding alternative approaches. In this case, keep in mind what you're up against: the app is sending a request to Google that initiates an inbound call to your iPhone. As soon as that call is initiated, your iPhone rings and our app is no longer accessible. We have a very limited time to send a cancellation notice to Google before the only options are for the user to answer or deny the call.

Thoughts, anyone?
Chris

Postby jdia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Well, how about this: after you initiate the call (i.e., you have entered the number to dial and pressed the Green Call button), you change the "Call" button to say "End Call" instead (maybe change the button color to Red too).

When pressed the "End Call" button simply terminates the connection (it doesn't matter where it is in the process -- before Google Voice has called back to confirm, after Google Voice has confirmed, or the called party has answered).
jdia

Postby rainwater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 pm

jdia wrote:Well, how about this: after you initiate the call (i.e., you have entered the number to dial and pressed the Green Call button), you change the "Call" button to say "End Call" instead (maybe change the button color to Red too).

When pressed the "End Call" button simply terminates the connection (it doesn't matter where it is in the process -- before Google Voice has called back to confirm, after Google Voice has confirmed, or the called party has answered).

None of that is possible. All BS can do is initiate the call process. They certainly can't cancel a call in progress once you have answered it.
rainwater

Postby jdia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

rainwater wrote:
jdia wrote:Well, how about this: after you initiate the call (i.e., you have entered the number to dial and pressed the Green Call button), you change the "Call" button to say "End Call" instead (maybe change the button color to Red too).

None of that is possible. All BS can do is initiate the call process. They certainly can't cancel a call in progress once you have answered it.

But BlackSwan can hang up a call, right? I mean, how does a phone call end? Maybe I lack a basic understanding of the "connection" that happens between the two end "phones"
jdia

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

jdia wrote:But BlackSwan can hang up a call, right? I mean, how does a phone call end? Maybe I lack a basic understanding of the "connection" that happens between the two end "phones"

Yes, it sounds like you're confusing the way VoiceCentral places a call with the way a VoIP application would place a call. VoiceCentral does not manage a phone call while it is in progress. It sends a message to Google Voice that says "connect 555-1234 to 555-6789" and Google Voice responds with "sorry, can't do it" or "OK." At that point, Google Voice calls 555-1234 (the caller--you) and then connects that call to 555-6789 (the person you dialed). The VoiceCentral application does not remain active during the phone call.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests