[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - CAPTCHA & Spam Management

CAPTCHA & Spam Management

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

CAPTCHA & Spam Management

Postby ponderosa27416 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:10 pm

I have been using the application starting today. Everything works great, other than the CAPTCHA prompt when logging into the application. They do not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying.

Also, I would like to request that all of the features that are seen in the Google voice web application for the desktop be available in this application. I would like the ability to manage contact call forwarding and the ability to report spam.
ponderosa27416

Re: CAPTCHA & Spam Management

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

ponderosa27416 wrote:I have been using the application starting today. Everything works great, other than the CAPTCHA prompt when logging into the application. They do not happen all of the time, but enough to be annoying.

The CAPTCHA challenges are in no way generated by our app, and we wish we could avoid them altogether. When VoiceCentral logs into Google Voice on your behalf, Google may respond with a CAPTCHA challenge. If it does, then VoiceCentral passes the challenge along to you.

If it's happening frequently, you may want to log into the Google Voice site using Safari on your iPhone to see if it "resets" your account for you. Also, do you have many apps logging into GV on your behalf? If so, that could be triggering Google to verify that it is a human rather than a script logging in.

ponderosa27416 wrote:Also, I would like to request that all of the features that are seen in the Google voice web application for the desktop be available in this application.

We'll definitely work toward feature parity where appropriate as well as additional features when possible.

ponderosa27416 wrote:I would like the ability to manage contact call forwarding and the ability to report spam.

Added as feature requests in our tracking system.
Chris

Re: CAPTCHA & Spam Management

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 pm

For anyone else seeing the same issue with frequent CAPTCHA challenges, please follow the related thread in the General Support forum:

http://www.riverturn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66

We'll let this thread focus on the feature requests if anyone wants to comment on those.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests