[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Change date formate

Change date formate

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Change date formate

Postby hfelsh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Just got my BlackSwan account setup today, and am really liking it. However, I hate the date format (BlackSwan shows it as 08-Mar-10, for example), and would prefer that there be an option to choose how it's displayed. I'd like it to be numbers only, such as 03/08/10, though I'm sure there are others who either prefer the way it is, or some other format (perhaps Mar-08-10, etc.)

That shouldn't be TOO difficult an option to implement, would it? :lol:
hfelsh

Re: Change date formate

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I added this as a feature request in our tracking system.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts on this?
Chris

Postby john.i.payne » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 pm

I agree there should be an option to choose between the major date formats:

Separator [ - ] [ / ]

DD?MMM?YY -> 28?Feb?10
DD?MM?YY -> 28?02?10
MMM?DD?YY -> Feb?28?10
MM?DD?YY -> 02?28?10

Although since this is just window dressing w/o added functionality, I would prefer many of the other suggestions to be implemented first.
john.i.payne

Postby hfelsh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 am

True, it could be considered "window dressing", but I personally don't think it would take more than 20 or 30 minutes to add the code to allow the functionality. But hey, I could be way off, right? Image
hfelsh

Postby rainwater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I would definitely like the option to match the iPhone SMS date format, just for consistency.
rainwater

Return to Feature Requests