[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Password protection, utilize Prowl API (push notifications)

Password protection, utilize Prowl API (push notifications)

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Password protection, utilize Prowl API (push notifications)

Postby bad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Two separate requests:
1) Basic password protection - I use my voice account for business calls so a lot of the voicemails / SMS are from clients. Would be great to keep anyone casually browsing on my phone from being able to see that stuff. In this instance, basic client-side authentication should be strong enough and certainly quick enough. Would be ideal if the keypad could emulate the native lock keypad (Mint does this with their native app if you'd like an example).
2) Back-end work to tie into the Prowl API. Front-end would need a "Prowl API key" field, and perhaps a checkbox to toggle notifications on/off. Would satiate all of those who are clamoring for push notifications and don't realize this is a web app.

EDIT: You guys looking for developers? :)
bad

Re: Password protection, utilize Prowl API (push notifications)

Postby FreeLunch » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Riverturn ??? any updates to take this idea into consideration? It would make BlackSwan like a native app with push support
FreeLunch

Postby bad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Yeah, forgot about this. Any update?

I'll be your best friend!
bad

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 am

I added the password protection idea as a feature request in our tracking system. To keep up with progress on push notifications, please follow this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41
Chris

Return to Feature Requests