[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - The Splash Screen Is Making Me Blind

The Splash Screen Is Making Me Blind

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

The Splash Screen Is Making Me Blind

Postby brian » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks for shortening the time the splash screen, but the blurry font on the text makes me want to punch babies, and is making me go blind. Perhaps removing the text -- leave the blurry swan if you must -- would save some infant a hospital visit, and keep me from needing Lasik.

Any else care to weigh in?

Brian.
brian

Re: The Splash Screen Is Making Me Blind

Postby whiteswan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm

I completely agree. We all know this is RiverTurn Voice Central Black Swan - we don’t need an artist’s impression each time we start the app. You have to remove the splash screen.

I am also not keen on the icon. Can you design something more akin to the iPhone ‘telephone’ icon, perhaps with a feint swan watermark if you have to? I think like everyone, I want this app to replace the default iPhone dialer - but with a swan it just doesn’t look right given all the other eye candy on my iPhone home screen.

Thanks and keep up the amazing pioneering work.
whiteswan

Postby philbaker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Fully agree.
philbaker

Postby CaliforniaMan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I agree. Don't like the blurr.
CaliforniaMan

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Thoughts on the current (v1.0.0) splash screen?
Chris

Postby recycle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Beautiful!
recycle

Return to Feature Requests