[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Type name for SMS field

Type name for SMS field

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Type name for SMS field

Postby stuart » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:11 am

I instinctively click the SMS button on the bottom of the screen to text, but have nobody's numbers memorised. The keypad only allows me to enter numbers and the + sign is a tad tedious. Let us type a name into the field and then auto-suggest a number.

[Reposted for montecarlogenerator]
stuart

Re: Type name for SMS field

Postby whiteswan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I agree with this essential suggestion.

But more important is SMS popups! :)
whiteswan

Postby Quicksprj » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Names a + but notification ++++++++++++++. Can a moderator answer whether this is possible or will be possible at some point?
Quicksprj

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:50 pm

I added a feature request for typing names for SMS recipients.

I updated this thread regarding SMS notifications:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41
Chris

Postby Quicksprj » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks chris for the update. I appreciate all the work thedevelopers are putting into this app!!
Quicksprj

Postby abelriverturn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 am

Not sure if this is pointless now that Apple is allowing Google Voice on the App Store, but I've been patiently waiting for this feature for a long time. The ability to type the name of a contact to send a text is essential and I can't comprehend how it was left out. Maybe it was difficult to implement?
abelriverturn

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

No requests are pointless. You can expect to continue seeing improvements in Black Swan regardless of App Store policies.

I added a +1 to this feature request for you. It didn't seem to be a very popular request, but I can see how it would make the app easier to use. Sometimes people need to have a feature before they realize its usefulness.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests