[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - SMS behavior

SMS behavior

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

SMS behavior

Postby korey_sed » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Currently, the way SMS works in Black Swan is that it is modeled after how Google Voice works. That is why message exchanges with a single person are split over a few conversations depending on the day the conversation took place. This may work great on the website, but it is not very logical specially when a user wants to reply to a conversation and sees the red text that responses may be in a new conversation. Not to mention that some GV users will not be familiar with the way GV works anyways and may consider this a flaw in the app.

The suggestion here is in two phases:
1) Remove SMS delete functionality and group conversations by user, so my conversations with bob are all in one place regardless of the day and any responses will appear in the same place, again regardless of the day.
2) Enable delete in SMS detail screen, such that a user can delete a day's worth of conversation. This would take the same approach as the iphone where you click an edit button and get option boxes for each day so you can select which to delete. I personally believe that we can live without SMS delete, but if we had to have it, it would work this way.

Pros:
- More logical approach to SMS.
- replies to conversations will display in the same place always.

Cons:
- Defintitely lose ability to create/edit notes per conversation, although viewing the notes will not be an issue (they can all be grouped in one screen).
- Possibly no SMS delete if #2 above is not completed for version 1.0.

What do you (our users) think about this, or you'd rather not fix what's not broken.
korey_sed

Re: SMS behavior

Postby mjsla » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

I like your ideas on changing the SMS listing. I vote for the iPhone way.
mjsla

Postby dorofino » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 pm

method 1
dorofino

Postby Quicksprj » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I think method one is better and people are more used to it. I still want a delete button so if I do want to start an entirely new conversation then I can do it. Really hoping for some way to do push notifications with this app as well. That would be #1 in my things wanted. Right now I use text now as a work around.
Quicksprj

Postby italiano40 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 am

i wish it was like the iphone style that would be good
italiano40

Return to Feature Requests