[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - question on costs

question on costs

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

question on costs

Postby dotwod » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:35 pm

I see from your beta email that you intend to have costs for the app. Nothing wrong with that - but it would be good to get an idea of how that will work - e.g. a free/Lite version and a paid version, one off fee vs subscription, etc. That way I can determine whether it is worth my time to learn and review the app.

so far so good but I've only had it for 15 minutes!
dotwod

Re: question on costs

Postby korey_sed » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:50 pm

I can tell you that we are entertaining both a one time fee and a subscription model, but I cannot tell you anything about a price just, yet as we are evaluating our costs for providing the service as part of the beta.

We are also trying to come up with the material to educate our customers on the differences of our approach vs. the native iphone application. This is a service model and will have a recurring monthly cost for us, so we cannot charge a simple $2.99 as a one time fee and maintain our service and quality of work.

we will be updating the website with more information as we get closer to production.
korey_sed

Postby dotwod » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:54 pm

understood, and you have a right to charge whatever you want to. Though you think of it as a service model, though, you are are competing with the app store and with the jailbroken apps such as GV Mobile. so though you may think your solution is apples to oranges, your customers probably won't. Therefore, if you are going to charge a recurring fee it is going to have to be pretty low in order to compete with a one-off $2.99. unless you, and your customers, think that what you have is many times more useful than GV Mobile.

and of course there is the wild card of Google itself, who are no doubt working on something similar to what you have done as we speak. I doubt it will be as elegant (they are not known for user interface design). But it will probably have a killer price - ie free
dotwod

Postby LawrenceEl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 pm

korey_sed wrote:This is a service model and will have a recurring monthly cost for us, so we cannot charge a simple $2.99 as a one time fee and maintain our service and quality of work.

I had no idea that there was a monthly cost associated for you, and of course you will need to recoup that as well as your costs !

It's not easy being an entrepreneur !

Good luck!
LawrenceEl

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm

For anyone that stumbles across this post, pricing is now listed on the registration page:

http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/register.php

We just went live, so we're running an introductory special right now.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests