[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Adding Contacts

Adding Contacts

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Adding Contacts

Postby stuart » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:21 am

(Post by johnmueller » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 pm)

I would like the ability to add a contact. Most specifically when a call or text comes in that I do not have in my address book, I would like to add it to my Google Voice contact list. I am not interested in any kind of syncing but just to add a number that comes in without a matching contact.

johnmueller
stuart

Re: Adding Contacts

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 pm

This request is in our system, so I added a +1 with a link to this thread. The problem with adding/changing contacts is that many people get very touchy about their contacts. I always manually export/import my contacts if I need to copy them to another app just to avoid problems that can arise (having to deal with OS X's Address Book is one of the things I hate the most about using an iPhone).

Once we start modifying contacts, then there is a perceived responsibility for data issues. I've helped a number of users that said we "messed up" their contacts even though VoiceCentral currently does not modify them in any way. Adding the ability to create a new contact but not edit or delete contacts may be a good compromise on this feature. Another option may be for us to link to the form for adding a contact on Google's site. Anyone have any suggestions or feedback on that?
Chris

Postby johnmueller » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:39 am

In regard to putting a link to the form for adding a contact on Google's site:

Am I missing it or is the feature to add a contact left out of the mobile (html5) version of google voice? What form would be linked from VoiceCentral?
johnmueller

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 am

You're right--they don't have it, either. I never use the Google site, really. Was there a form for adding a contact in the old mobile site or did I completely imagine that?
Chris

Postby jongpie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

As far as I can remember, Google Voice's mobile sites (the old, very basic one and the current one) have never had the ability to add/edit/delete contacts. The easiest way I've found to manage Google contacts is to use Google Sync, which essentially syncs your contacts in the contacts.app with Google. Of course, you still have to use 2 apps (VC & Contacts) to get manage stuff, but it at least allows you to do everything from your phone.
jongpie

Return to Feature Requests