[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Native Icons

Native Icons

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Native Icons

Postby joey » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a native looking icon that looks like Phone.app. Just give it that much more of a Native feel. Also maybe a SMS icon as well.

Thanks
joey

Re: Native Icons

Postby jongpie » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 am

If a new icon is implemented, would it be possible to let us choose from a few different icons? For example, we could choose to use the current icon, a more "native" looking icon like Joey suggested, etc.

And not to go overboard on this idea, but if it were even possible to have a spot where users could upload or submit their own themes (icon & splash screen - maybe even the footer icons like voicemail, sms, etc.), and others could use them (maybe let us browse a gallery when we install VC, and use our selected theme), that'd be pretty nice. I think that new functionality & fixing bugs should take priority, but if it's possible to implement this (and you think it's worth the effort), I'd love to make some themes.
jongpie

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 am

Just to confirm the original request, are you referring to the icon on the Home screen that launches the app or the icons on the tab bar across the bottom of the app when it's running? I have a feeling that changing the Home screen icon will be a tough one to get approval from the boss due to branding/marketing and all that jazz.

As for themes, I've always been for it because it has the potential to really get the user community involved and provides a much more personalized experience. If you used the native version of VoiceCentral before it was booted from the crApp Store, you may remember that we let users select from a few simple themes within the app. Our goal was to take that idea further and let users submit and share themes exactly as you described. Implementing that feature within the current framework will be much more difficult, but it's still on our long-term radar (it hasn't been officially shot down yet, anyway). I added a +1 to that feature request in our system along with a link to this thread.
Chris

Postby joey » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Yes you are correct the icon on the home screen that I touch to launch the application.

I would recommend the default one to be you company logo and kinda like your install page have an change icon option. I dont care to have themes. Maybe just a small change making it more of a native feel but with a hint of difference you know is BlackSwan. Just maybe some options would be nice.

Thanks
joey

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 am

I'll run the idea past them, for sure.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests