[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Option to hide data updates

Option to hide data updates

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Re: Option to hide data updates

Postby jongpie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 am

Just a quick follow-up - I love the new version! Having the option to toggle the updates on/off is awesome, and not having everything shifting around is a big plus.

I also really like a lot of the other new features in this release - thanks for all the hard work!
jongpie

Postby joey » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:13 am

Wondering....I have seen many apps that in iOS4 that are utilizing the status bar to show updates in progress. Example: Reeder. I dont know if this can be a utilized API witha webapp to show status updates but that would give us the real estate back. Just a thought.
joey

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:50 am

I had not seen anything about accessing the status bar in iOS 4, so I did a little search and came up empty. I also tried setting the status bar text in the same way you would within a desktop browser to see if that ability had been added, but that also did not work. We'll keep our eyes open, but I don't believe this is available to web apps.
Chris

Postby EricJay » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 am

I too really how this was worked out. Two great options to choose from... a status message that doesn't shift the page or no status messages at all for those of us who like extra screen real estate. Thanks!
EricJay

Previous

Return to Feature Requests