[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Only syncing vm/sms on demand

Only syncing vm/sms on demand

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Only syncing vm/sms on demand

Postby jhong » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm

when syncing voicemails or sms on demand (by hitting the circular arrow button on a given menu screen), it'd be nice if it only synced that particular function. it's nice that it syncs all of them upon startup, but when i am manually doing it, i am usually more interested in that particular section (refreshing vm when i know i just got one does not mean i want to wait for it to finish checking for sms's, etc..)
jhong

Re: Only syncing vm/sms on demand

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm

To refresh all data or just the current screen is something that has received considerable internal debate. Since Google will be charging us for data usage, this change will likely be implemented before the public release. (If Google would like to offer us a discount on data usage for this app, we'd love to discuss that as the savings could be passed on to our users.)

As an aside, in the meantime as well as if it does not get changed, you do not have to wait for the fetch to complete before using the current screen. Continuing with your voicemail example, you can play the new message as soon as the voicemail list is updated without waiting for SMS, billing, etc. The status messages at the top are informational and should not interfere with using the app.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests