[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - favorites

favorites

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

favorites

Postby jhong » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:00 pm

it'd be nice to have a favorites list like the iphone dialer has.

perhaps hitting the "recents" button on the bottom icon menu could toggle to favorites if you are already on the recents page, and toggle to recents if you hit it while already on the favorites page?
jhong

Re: favorites

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:43 pm

A favorites list is on our radar, but it will not likely be implemented until after the public release. We are considering a button on the Contacts tab or the Keypad tab since those are used to dial someone by name/number.

Anyone feel strongly about this one way or another? Thoughts?
Chris

Postby jhong » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Favorites is actually a very important section, which is the reason apple makes it a button on their default dialer. I would venture to guess that a large percentage of the time people open their dialer, it is to call someone on their favorites list. I highly recommend you guys make it a 1-click process to get to the favorites list. or at worst, as i mentioned before, make it a double click of one of the current button icons so the user doesn't have to move their thumb (and therefore it feels almost as fast as a one-click button)

whatever you can do to get people to their objective faster with fewer clicks and/or fewer thumb movements, the better your product will feel.
jhong

Postby najordan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm

I also think that a favorites screen is incredibly important. I'd say at least 90% of my calls are from that screen. I also like jhong's idea bout the double thumb click. As a secondary option I think replacing the Google Voice balance on the keypad screen with a favorites icon would work well. I'll give a few more suggestions when I get into the beta.
najordan

Postby Firestarter777 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm

jhong wrote:it'd be nice to have a favorites list like the iphone dialer has.

perhaps hitting the "recents" button on the bottom icon menu could toggle to favorites if you are already on the recents page, and toggle to recents if you hit it while already on the favorites page?

I agree... A favorites tab is a must have (at some point)...
Firestarter777

Postby roberthleeii » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I have only been using Black swan for a day now. But i agree favorites was the first thing i noticed that was missing. I think that the new GV Mobile for jailbroken iphones does a great job at implementing this feature.
roberthleeii

Postby Ben » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree with najordan. I also think that a favorites screen is incredibly important. I make at least 90% of my calls from the Favorites screen.
Ben

Postby dorofino » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Why not put favorites at the top of the contacts section?

The bottom is so crowded already I'm not sure that another icon is a great idea. When you go to contacts you are expecting... contacts so I don't think that they concept it confusing.

I just envisioning a section about 'A' that is 'Favorites'
dorofino

Postby whiteswan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I think Favorites should be a separate tab always accessible at the bottom, no matter what VC screen you are on.

I realize screen real estate is a problem - so why not just have Favorites above the rest of the contacts, directly above the ‘A’ of the contacts A-Z?

The icon should be the same contacts icon, but with a small star in the corner, implying it shows contacts and favorite contacts in one place.

Simples!
whiteswan

Postby CaliforniaMan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Yeah, favorites is a feature that I could use. GV Mobile + has it.
CaliforniaMan

Next

Return to Feature Requests