[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Options to customize sync process

Options to customize sync process

Submit feature requests and suggestions here.

Options to customize sync process

Postby jongpie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 am

I'd love to have the ability to customize what gets synced on startup (in addition to the existing option to customize how often it syncs). Specifically, I rarely update my contacts, so the time it spends trying to see if there are any changes is essentially wasted.

My assumption is that if I could disable Contacts from automatically syncing (but keep the sync button so I can manually sync when needed), then it would speed up syncing what I actually need to sync (SMS, Voicemails & Recents), as well as reduce the volume of data that the VC servers would have to process. (From what I recall, the premium version - which I gladly paid for! - helps pay for the fee that Google charges due to the large amount of data that VC accesses.)

Quick side question: any chance of being able to sync contact groups from Google? Or is VC limited to only the My Contacts group (with no hope of accessing the other groups)?
jongpie

Re: Options to customize sync process

Postby l3ender » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:35 pm

This is a similar idea to what I posted with my other ideas. But basically I think what we are both getting at is more options for refreshing/syncing data.
l3ender

Re: Options to customize sync process

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:27 am

I added a feature request for this to our tracking system. Thanks for the feedback--keep it coming.
Chris

Return to Feature Requests