[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - 'AD SPACE' on Premium version

'AD SPACE' on Premium version

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

'AD SPACE' on Premium version

Postby derekdepriest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:53 am

First off, I love this app, and just upgraded to the Premium version. I'm happy to pay for this great service and am glad that i can remove the ads. However, in the SMS and Voicemail views, I still have a small gray horizontal rule with the text 'AD SPACE' in it. This is certainly not as intrusive as the ads themselves, but it is a bit of an eye-sore nonetheless. Is there anyway this can be removed?
derekdepriest

Re: 'AD SPACE' on Premium version

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 am

You're right that it shouldn't be there. My guess is that you have some residual data from cached ads. Try going to VoiceCentral's Settings tab, selecting Account Info, and tapping Save. That should force a full data refresh and may resolve the issue.

If that does not work, you may need to completely clear the offline database. To do so, open the iPhone's Settings app, select Safari, and choose Databases. Then tap the Edit button, delete the VoiceCentral database, and tap Done. The next time you launch VoiceCentral, it will prompt for your Google Voice account information again.
Chris

Postby derekdepriest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:35 pm

I tried both suggestions Chris and it is still there. I noticed that it only shows up when I have no SMS messages or voicemails. Once i had a voicemail it went away. When i deleted the voicemail from the server and did a data refresh on Black Swan, the ad space message came back since there were no voicemails again.

Also, and i realize this is a bit off topic. Deleting an SMS or Voicemail from within the app does not seem to remove it from the server. If i go into the google voice website it is still there. Is this by design?
derekdepriest

Postby rainwater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

The problem is when the Voicemail list is empty you get the "Ad Space" banner. Clearing the cache does not have any affect.
rainwater

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I created a defect in our tracking system related to the "Ad Space" banner when a list is empty.

To answer the question about deleting messages on the server, they should be moved to the Trash as opposed to permanently deleting them.
Chris

Postby derekdepriest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Just wanted to say that when i logged in this morning, this issue was resolved. Great customer support! I can see how this model of distributing apps could easily gain popularity. No app store review process, instant updates, etc.
derekdepriest

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Having dealt with "the old way" too many times, I can say without a doubt that I don't miss it and I hope to never deal with it again.
Chris

Return to General Support