[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Unable to Login

Unable to Login

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Unable to Login

Postby patriciaucles » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:33 am

patriciaucles wrote:
Hello I downloaded the voice central and I an not able to login i put the my goggle voice email and my password I even change my password and i still can login in
could you please help me
Bridget

Everytime I put my voicemail mail n password it say loging failed username/password is invalid n I know my password is correct I checked my voicemail over the phone and I was able to retrieve my message I will like to upgrade but I don't want to if I can't login to set up my phone
thank you for assistance
patriciaucles

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 am

patriciaucles and akbarlalani:

The login is something we know works, so we should be able to resolve this for you without much trouble. The username and password that you should use within VoiceCentral is the same one you use to log into the Google Voice web site. It would not likely be the same password that you use to check your voicemails over the phone.

Please try the 3 numbered steps that I posted above (2nd message on this forum thread) and post back the results of each step.
Chris

Postby patriciaucles » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 am

Thx for u help it work I thought is was my password to retrieve my messages since it says google voice password
thx u for ur assistant
patriciaucles

Postby akbarlalani » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:35 pm

In my case, I MAY have forgotten the password I gave initially when I applied for the app. I have tried the password I have for Google Mail but that is not the one.... when I have tried to reset the password, I get redirected to Google and I am sure that is not the password that needs to be reset.

So, is there a way to reset the password at the Riverturn site for VoiceCentral registration and then see if the iPhone app works?
akbarlalani

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm

VoiceCentral uses your Google Voice username and password. If you can log into the Google Voice web site, the same login info should work in VoiceCentral. Please try to log in here:

https://www.google.com/voice
Chris

Postby akbarlalani » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:16 am

Hello Chris:

I did click on the Google Voice link and got into the Google Voice sign in page. When I sign in I see the following page:

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin ... wer=142423

When I try to log in using VoiceCentral on my iPhone, I now use the Google Voice email and password and run again into the following message: Internal Error -. Failed to parse session token. Pleae try again.

I have tried several times. No avail.....

Thanks in advance for your patience in this.
akbarlalani

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 am

Strangely, Google is letting people get past the login form using their Google accounts and then showing them that error as opposed to saying "your Google account does not have Google Voice service." That error page does say that you do not have Google Voice service, but you have to read a lot of marketing text to get the message. Also embedded within that page is the following link to request a Google Voice account:

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

Simply submit that form and wait for an invitation. I've heard it only takes a short time to receive it these days. Once your Google Voice account is active, you will be able to log into VoiceCentral.
Chris

Postby akbarlalani » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am

I had applied 2 or 3 months ago. I received the invitation by email as follows (sorry for including the whole thing) which is why I thought my application had been accepted by Google and now I could activate Google Voice. Have I misunderstood this? The invitation email was from Riverturn as you can see. If this does not mean that I have a Google Voice account yet then I am confused as to why I would receive the following email....thanks for sticking with this Chris and hopefully we can get this solved. I am very keen to use GV.....here is the email received:

[Removed e-mail text. -- Chris]
akbarlalani

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 pm

That activation e-mail was simply for your VoiceCentral account. In order to use VoiceCentral, you must have an active Google Voice account. It seems many people registered for VoiceCentral with the hopes that their Google Voice account would be active by the time VoiceCentral went live, but it did not work out that way in every case. The good news is that you will be able to use VoiceCentral as soon as Google activates your Google Voice account. Be sure to request an invitation from Google in order to be notified when your account is active.
Chris

Postby akbarlalani » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks Chris - that clarifies it. So I will await the Google Voice activation first and then be able to use VoiceCentral.
akbarlalani

Previous

Return to General Support