[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Can't initiate calls to Gizmo

Can't initiate calls to Gizmo

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Can't initiate calls to Gizmo

Postby Cain » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 am

I have seen this post where other users appear to share my issue (using a regular 747 Gizmo number): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67

I have been looking forward to this invite for a while and just received this and I must say I am disappointed.

I can not use Black Swan to initiate calls to my Gizmo Number. I've logged in (though it makes me fill in that stupid captcha everytime) and can see recent calls, etc. but when I try to dial, nada!

I am sure this issue is a Black Swan issue as I have tried a number of gizmo devices (SIP phone, on the iphone and a SIP hardware device) and they wont ring. At the same time, initiating the calls via my desktop works like a charm so I am sure its not Google Voice itself.

Will someone from Riverturn confirm this bug and give us an idea of when you expect it to be fixed, this is essentially the only feature I need from you guys...

And to anyone else who has the problem write a lil something to let them know!

If there is some sort of tweak I can make, please let me know and I will be happy to test
Cain

Re: Can't initiate calls to Gizmo

Postby paulcj » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am

Yup. I have the same problem. I can initiate a call to my gizmo number from google voice website, but it never works from VoiceCentral Black Swan.

The old google voice mobile site (not the html5 driven new one) can initiate the call for any of you that need a workaround. Load this url on your iphone.

http://www.google.com/voice/m/contacts

Would be great if Riverturn can figure this one out! Here's hoping!
paulcj

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm

The fact that so many of you are experiencing this issue is confirmation in my mind. We're digging for a solution and will update this thread as soon as we have something useful.
Chris

Postby bsdaiwa » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks Chris.
bsdaiwa

Postby rick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 am

I also have this same issue - I'm using an iPod Touch, and want to have VoiceCentral to call my Gizmo number (incoming), so that it will ring the touch. The SIP application that I'm using is Acrobits Gizmo5, which has push notifications.

Currently the new Google Voice web app will not do this either - but the older version will. Unfortunately the interface is terrible - and VoiceCentral's interface is the best of all by far - except that this is the primary feature that I need in order to use it.
rick

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 pm

It looks like we *may* have a solution for this coming out today in v1.0.1. I say "may" because I do not have a Gizmo5 account to test with. Look for an update by close of business today and post back here to let us know if it resolved this issue.
Chris

Postby johnnic » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Chris wrote:It looks like we *may* have a solution for this coming out today in v1.0.1. I say "may" because I do not have a Gizmo5 account to test with. Look for an update by close of business today and post back here to let us know if it resolved this issue.

I got the v 1.0.1 and it did not solve the problem.
johnnic

Postby rick » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am

This update didn't work for me either, but there's perhaps more to the problem. As I was testing yesterday, I realized that I couldn't get Acrobits Gizmo5 to ring from either VoiceCentral OR the old Google Voice site. So I emailed Acrobits to see what was up - here is their response:
Dear Sir,
Are you using Gizmo5 with GoogleVoice? If so, I believe we are already aware of the issue. Gizmo5 recently made a change on their side and this caused the incoming calls used with GoogleVoice to stop working properly. We have already submitted a workaround to Apple that should fix the issue. We hope they will approve it within the next few days and once that update is available, you should be fine. We are also in contact with Gizmo5. We suspect they might correct the issue as well, because the change they made was not SIP compliant.

So then I thought I would try another test with VoiceCentral: to see if I could get it to ring the Mac Voip software Telephone http://code.google.com/p/telephone/ on my laptop through my Gizmo number. Again, the answer is no, however this does work perfectly still on the old Google Voice Mobile site, as well as the standard non-mobile site.

I don't know if you've tried any SIP accounts with GoogleVoice, but it may be worth getting something like a Sipgate number, and Acrobits Softphone from the iTunes store, and working on things - it seems unlikely that Gizmo is going to be re-opened anytime soon. I had Grand Central, and it was over a year between it's sale and Google's release of Google Voice.

Good work and thanks, Rick
rick

Postby johnnic » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

rick wrote:This update didn't work for me either, but there's perhaps more to the problem. As I was testing yesterday, I realized that I couldn't get Acrobits Gizmo5 to ring from either VoiceCentral OR the old Google Voice site. So I emailed Acrobits to see what was up - here is their response:
Dear Sir,
Are you using Gizmo5 with GoogleVoice? If so, I believe we are already aware of the issue. Gizmo5 recently made a change on their side and this caused the incoming calls used with GoogleVoice to stop working properly. We have already submitted a workaround to Apple that should fix the issue. We hope they will approve it within the next few days and once that update is available, you should be fine. We are also in contact with Gizmo5. We suspect they might correct the issue as well, because the change they made was not SIP compliant.

So then I thought I would try another test with VoiceCentral: to see if I could get it to ring the Mac Voip software Telephone http://code.google.com/p/telephone/ on my laptop through my Gizmo number. Again, the answer is no, however this does work perfectly still on the old Google Voice Mobile site, as well as the standard non-mobile site.

I don't know if you've tried any SIP accounts with GoogleVoice, but it may be worth getting something like a Sipgate number, and Acrobits Softphone from the iTunes store, and working on things - it seems unlikely that Gizmo is going to be re-opened anytime soon. I had Grand Central, and it was over a year between it's sale and Google's release of Google Voice.

Good work and thanks, Rick

I don't know why Acrobits told you that, I am using Acrobits with Gizmo and with the old google site it is still ringing my gizmo number on Acrobits but VoiceCentral's is not ringing my Acrobits.
I also have a SIPgate number and it is working on both VoiceCentral's and old google webapp.
johnnic

Postby rick » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm

@johnnic

I cut the message short it seems - Acrobits did say that some users are receiving Google Voice calls through push notifications, but for some reason that's not happening for me. Interesting though that Sipgate does work on VoiceCentral, so it must have something to do with specifically Gizmo. But Gizmo is of course the most important SIP service for VoiceCentral users, since it's also owned by Google, and it can be added as a call back number within Google Voice.

With this one fix, VoiceCentral will be able to be a perfect interface for a Google Voice data only phone - both on WiFi and 3G data plans.
rick

Next

Return to General Support