[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Contact not importing at all

Contact not importing at all

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Contact not importing at all

Postby danfriedlander » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm

My Google contacts are not importing whatsoever. They are all within the "My Contacts" folder, yet the application shows that I have no contacts after attempting to sync. Anyone else having this problem?
danfriedlander

Re: Contact not importing at all

Postby derekdepriest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

This happened the first few times i accessed the app. After about the third or fourth time, i hit the 'Sync' button again and my contacts started appearing. Not sure if they changed something on the backend or not.
derekdepriest

Postby sleewok » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm having the same problem.

* I just kept spamming "Sync" and it finally worked.
sleewok

Postby danfriedlander » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:33 pm

No luck--no matter how many times I try to sync, nothing happens.
danfriedlander

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:37 pm

That's interesting that it works for some of you after tapping Sync a few times. Because of that, I have to wonder if it's timing out fetching large contact lists and then barely making it after a few tries.

Those of you having a problem, want to share the number of contacts in your My Contacts group in Google Voice?

As a temporary workaround, anyone with a very large number of contacts in My Contacts can remove the non-essentials from that group (DO NOT DELETE THE CONTACT) and try to sync again.

Let me know if this helps. We'll keep digging into it on our end.
Chris

Postby danfriedlander » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:59 pm

I have 571 contacts in the "my contacts" group. When I removed all but 10 of the contacts, syncing worked fine. It synced with 150 contacts, but no more than that.
danfriedlander

Postby derekdepriest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I have 113 in my list. The first few times it didn't sync at all. Now it syncs every time. I never removed any contacts from the list.
derekdepriest

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:29 pm

danfriedlander wrote:I have 571 contacts in the "my contacts" group. When I removed all but 10 of the contacts, syncing worked fine. It synced with 150 contacts, but no more than that.

After the initial successful import, VoiceCentral only retrieves changed contacts. Try adding a few (50?) at a time to the My Contacts group and then syncing afterward. VoiceCentral definitely supports more than 150 contacts.
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Anyone unable to import contacts: are you being asked to respond to a CAPTCHA challenge (enter letters from an image) when logging in with VoiceCentral? If so, please submit the following form and then try importing your contacts:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
Chris

Return to General Support