[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Can't get it to work

Can't get it to work

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Can't get it to work

Postby foundos » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm

I installed the app, logged in, all was fine. I closed the app. I opened the app and get a box that says "The application will restart soon to adjust to your new Service Level." The app restarts and I get a warning box about entering the text. I complete the CAPTCHA. I get a warning box that says, "The application will restart soon to adjust to your new Service Level." And it goes on in this loop of restarting to adjust to my new service level. Incidentally, I haven't changed my service level. Also, I have full uninstalled and reinstalled and Safari is set to accept cookies.

Any thoughts on how I can stop this loop and use the app?

Thanks,
Mark
foundos

Re: Can't get it to work

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Try submitting this form:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Then launch VoiceCentral again to see if the problem is resolved.
Chris

Postby foundos » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks, Chris. That solved the CAPTCHA problem though now when I start the app I enter an endless loop of "The application will restart soon to adjust to your new Service Level."

Any thoughts on why I keep getting that message?

Thanks,
Mark
foundos

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:41 pm

It sounds like it's having a problem saving your service level. Please open the iPhone's Settings app, select Safari, and choose Databases. Then tap the Edit button, delete the VoiceCentral database, and tap Done. The next time you launch VoiceCentral, it will prompt for your Google Voice account information again. Then see if it continues to restart every time.
Chris

Postby foundos » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 pm

I deleted the database and was able to log in and then I ran and quit the app a couple of times, moved between tabs, sent a text, then I started the app and it went into the same loop again.
foundos

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am

I've seen several people with this issue after upgrading to a Premium account. You wouldn't happen to have a Free account and a Premium account, would you? It's perfectly "legit," we actually encourage it, and the app *should* work when you change between them. I'm just trying to get an idea of the root cause of the problem so we can nail down a fix for you.
Chris

Postby foundos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 am

Chris, I appreciate your help.

Nope, just a free account at this point. I had registered for the beta a while back and just received the email invitation the other day, signed up and signed in.
foundos

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 pm

We have not found a clear reason why this would happen, but we made a couple of changes in v1.0.1 to help prevent this from occurring. Launch VoiceCentral, let it update, and see if the problem goes away with this release.

If not, please launch the iPhone's Settings app, choose Safari, and select Databases. Tap the VoiceCentral entry (do not delete it), look at the value shown for Used, and let me know what it lists there. I'm wondering if you have so much data downloaded that the offline DB is filling up, but I've never seen it actually come close to being full.

Another thing I did not think about before: Launch Safari and make sure the VoiceCentral installation page is not still open in a tab. If it is, close that tab and repeat the process of deleting the VoiceCentral database. I've seen the database appear to delete but not actually get removed. A good old-fashioned reboot isn't a bad idea when things are acting strange...
Chris

Postby foundos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Ah, I think I'm good now. I'm not sure if it was the reboot or the update but I don't seem to be having the problem any more.

FYI - the database size is 942 KB.

Thanks for all your help.
foundos

Return to General Support