[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Comparison of Black Swan to 'saved' GV home screen

Comparison of Black Swan to 'saved' GV home screen

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Comparison of Black Swan to 'saved' GV home screen

Postby jchandlerhall » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 am

Hi gang,

I was pretty pumped when Google re-released their Google Voice page as HTML5. I surfed to it (m.google.com/voice, I think) and saved that screen to my iPhone. It pretty much looks native, has access to my Google Contacts, a big SMS Button and more.

So, how does Black Swan improve on GV Mobile saved to my iPhone? What benefits will I realize if I download and use it, instead of GV?

Thanks!!!
jchandlerhall

Re: Comparison of Black Swan to 'saved' GV home screen

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am

There's so much more to an application than a simple list of features. Some users highly prefer VoiceCentral:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68

For others, the Google Voice site may be adequate. Since you've already used the Google Voice web app, what do you think about signing up for a Free account on our site and giving our app a whirl? If you want to get the most out of VoiceCentral, sign up for a Premium Subscription and enjoy a 7-day trial before deciding to cancel or being billed.

Let me know what you think after you try it.
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 am

I'd like to invite any of our users to chime in on this thread as well.
Chris

Postby jchandlerhall » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks Chris.

I've installed it and will be trying it out. I'll come back and update this thread as I discover the benefits. :-) One thing I can say... YOU GUYS ARE VERY VERY RESPONSIVE on your forum and Support Ticket Replies. AWESOME.
jchandlerhall

Postby italiano40 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:58 pm

well the Blackswan is a web app allowing non-jailbroken phones to install and use a more robust system then google's site that is the advantage of black swan
italiano40

Postby johnnic » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Well aside from the Gizmo5 not working, at least VoiceCentral's app work on the ipod touch, the new google voice web app does not work on the ipod touch.
johnnic

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Gizmo5 should be working in v1.0.2. Launch VoiceCentral to get the update if you haven't already.
Chris

Postby Quicksprj » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Black swan app allows SMS messages to be in the bubble type format similar to the regular text app on the iPhone. The gv app doesn't offer this feature. At least I don't see it. I just wish there was notifications so I could dump my third party work arounds.
Quicksprj

Return to General Support