[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - No Contact Photos in Premium version

No Contact Photos in Premium version

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

No Contact Photos in Premium version

Postby legionnaire1211 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

I just upgraded to the premium version, upon logging in, among the several messages I received was one stating that the app was importing my Google contact photos. However, I have been using the app for an hour now and none of my contact photos are appearing yet. All of my contacts are there, but not the photos.
legionnaire1211

Re: No Contact Photos in Premium version

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Please find a contact in your Google Contacts that has a photo associated (just so you know you're looking at one that *should* have imported). Then go to the Contacts tab in VoiceCentral and tap the Sync button. When it completes, locate and select the contact you identified previously. Let me know what the box in the upper left of that contact's details looks like.
Chris

Postby legionnaire1211 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 am

I was able to fix this issue, but it wasn't easy. I had to go into my Google contacts and re-save all my contact photos. Then when I went back into VoiceCentral and pressed sync, all my contacts were updated with their photo.

I tried syncing several times before using the method above, to no avail. I believe there was some sort of issue during the initial upgrade to premium that caused this issue.
legionnaire1211

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

I'm glad it's working for you. Also, I'd like to say thanks for using the forums rather than submitting an incident to resolve an issue like this. Listing your solution here is bound to help other users.
Chris

Postby Philippe » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:19 pm

I solved this problem by deleting the Black Swan app . . .

(see below for instructions on how to delete the app)

. . . and then I redownloaded the app from scratch, starting from the link sent in my email,

http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/install/

I was prompted for my user login and password, restarted into the premium version, and then let the contacts list sync without interruption. The pictures were all there, as expected and paid for.

To delete the app, do this.

# From the main screen on the iPhone or iPod touch, find and hold the VoiceCentral icon until the screen starts to wiggle and the X sign appears.
# Tap on the X sign and when prompted to Delete VoiceCentral, select Delete.
# Press the home button to return to the home screen.
# Launch the Settings app.
# Select Safari.
# Go to Databases.
# Tap the Edit button.
# Delete the VoiceCentral database by pressing the red icon.
# Hit Done.
Philippe

Return to General Support