[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Doesn't Work

Doesn't Work

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Doesn't Work

Postby bsdaiwa » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I am new to this, I just received the invite to use this today and went through the install fine but when I dial it doesn't work. I am using a iPod Touch 2nd Gen with the most up to date firmware. GV is setup to ring my Gizmo5 account but nothing happens. I can use GV's web application and it works fine but this does not.
Any comments or suggestions?
bsdaiwa

Re: Doesn't Work

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 pm

If you use the desktop version of the Google Voice web site (i.e.: from your computer rather than your iPod), is it able to dial from your Gizmo5 phone number?

Does it work if you use a local phone number such as a landline for the callback number? If so, that would narrow out any iPod touch compatibility issues.

Do we have any users that can chime in "it works on my device using a Gizmo5 account" and let us know what hardware you are using?
Chris

Postby bsdaiwa » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 pm

GV works fine when I access it through the web browser on my desktop, I can place the call in the browser and the land line rings and if I select the Gizmo5 number it also rings.
My Gizmo5 is not the desktop application, I use a hardware device that is setup to use the Gizmo5 service. I can dial out using that service and I receive calls in from other Gizmo5 accounts and from my GV account.
My accounts are all setup using my home in Fullerton, CA. but I am currently located at my home in Florianopolis, Brazil, I don't know if that makes a difference.
bsdaiwa

Postby bsdaiwa » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Been playing around with this and found the following. If I select a Gismo5 account as the call back number (shows as +1-747-xxx-xxxx) this application does not work but if I select the number I purchased from Gizmo5 as a call in number (1-714-xxx-xxxx) this application works as it should.
Seems to be a problem with the Gizmo5 747 number.
bsdaiwa

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:27 pm

This is a great tip. I am not personally familiar with Gizmo5, so could you clarify the difference between a 747 number and a 714 number in their system? It almost sounds like you can't receive calls on the 747 numbers. Are they outbound-only or what?
Chris

Postby bsdaiwa » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Years ago I setup my account with, what at the time, was called SipPhone. They assigned a number that you entered into the hardware device, the number represented your unique account. The number they assigned my account was 1-747-xxx-xxxx. Any other users of the SipPhone network could call me using that unique number, but you could not use that number on a regular PSTN line.
Later, I was able to purchase a "call-in" number that was a standard PSTN number that anyone could call and it was routed by SipPhone to my hardware device.
SipPhone became Gizmo5 and now they focus on web based interfaces using user names but if you look carefully in the web interface you can locate the number that is assigned. Gizmo5 was just purchased by Google.
I hope that answers your question. If not let me know and I will be glad to help in any way.

Maybe this link to the Gizmo5 knowledgebase will help.
http://support.gizmo5.com/index.php?_m= ... id=0&nav=0
bsdaiwa

Postby paulcj » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:40 am

I also have a 747 gizmo5 sip number set up as my call back number for google voice. I have a sip (sipphone) application on my iphone to answer the gizmo5 number as well as a desktop sip client. Both work perfectly fine with google voice if you use the google voice website to initiate the callback (or the old google voice mobile website, not the new one). But it doesn't seem to work using voicecentral to initiate the callback. Something seems to be happeng in the hand-off to google from voicecentral?
paulcj

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

It looks like we *may* have a solution for this coming out today in v1.0.1. I say "may" because I do not have a Gizmo5 account to test with. Look for an update by close of business today and post back here to let us know if it resolved this issue.
Chris

Postby johnnic » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 pm

I just got the update and it is still not working, not sure what the update was about because I don't see any physical change between the old and new version but if it is to fix gizmo it did not fix the issue.
johnnic

Postby Dmore » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 am

I try calling my land line andnit doesn't work either
Dmore

Next

Return to General Support