[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - JAILBREAK PHONES

JAILBREAK PHONES

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

JAILBREAK PHONES

Postby djyking » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello,

I recently jailbroke my iphone4 and installed Talkatone but had issues. They said jailbreaking interfered with multitasking and I haven't found a fix. So I started looking for a hopefully better and more reliable way to make free calls using GV.

I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak, not the other tools out there...sorry not a tech guy. I read here that there are issues with eg voicemail with jailbroken phones which were jailbroken a certain way. So I'm wondering if anyone has issues with VC using phones jailbroken via jailbreakme.com? The Talkatone tech guy said something about jailbroke phones have mobile substrate issues which might be causing the problem I have with talkatone.

If there are issues with jailbroken phones when it comes to using voip, I think I rather just restore the iphone back to factory settings. THanks
djyking

Re: JAILBREAK PHONES

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:28 am

I have not heard of any particular issues with jailbreakme.com and VC. VoiceCentral has a completely free version, so give it a shot and report your results here. It would be nice to know if there is an issue.
Chris

Return to General Support