[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Captcha on every login

Captcha on every login

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Captcha on every login

Postby jaws » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm requested for a captcha about once a day, which is extremely annoying. I'm never asked for one when I log into Google Voice on my Mac, or the other various Google sites I use. GVMobile doesn't have a problem logging in either. I do use Google Apps and I have a regular Google account (my GVoice account) with the same email address. I have tried unlocking both my Apps captcha and the regular Google account captcha numerous times with no success. Is there any solution to this problem?
jaws

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 pm

That's very strange to still get the CAPTCHA challenge after submitting the unlock form. I've noticed that importing a large contact list can trigger the CAPTCHA because of all the requests needed to fetch the photos. Has your initial contact import completed? After the initial import, it should only update contacts that have been modified.
Chris

Postby jaws » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:23 am

Actually, I only have about 4 contacts in my list, and it hasn't been updated. I assume the initial import has completed because all of my contacts are there. I still get a captcha about once a day, and like I mentioned, the unlock forms don't help. I love VoiceCentral, and would seriously consider a premium subscription, but having to input a captcha a day is a serious deterrent to using the app.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I sign into and out of my various Google account throughout the day on different devices, and I never get asked for a captcha. Likewise, GVMobile (Cydia) and an unofficial Google Voice widget for Mac OS X have no problems logging in to my account, and I've never been asked for a captcha.

Thanks for your continued assistance!

BTW, most of my contacts are in my Apps account, and don't feel like adding them to my regular google account. I wish Google Voice would support Apps for contacts at some point.
jaws

Previous

Return to General Support