[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Captcha on every login

Captcha on every login

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Captcha on every login

Postby iamchunts » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Hello,

Loving the new app, except...

Everytime I launch VoiceCentral from the Home Screen, I have to enter a captcha. So whenever I want to make a call, send a text, read a text, etc... a captcha comes first. How can I get around this?

Thanks,
Chris
iamchunts

Re: Captcha on every login

Postby PakWaan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 pm

This is supremely annoying. I'm sure they will work it out, but in the meantime, I'll continue using the GV Mobile app from Cydia... no prompts each time, and it works the same way.
PakWaan

Postby recycle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I am seeing this problem on and off as well. Not every single time, but frequently. Although after upgrading to premium, the frequency seems to have gone way down if that is a clue.
recycle

Postby tabaks » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, the app looks nice. And, even though it looks as it does, I will delete it IMMEDIATELY if I really have to enter the captcha on every launch. I hope that is not true and it's only a bug. If it isn't - good bye Riverturn! it is pretty much out of the question to enter the captcha every time and if I have to to that I will NOT use your app.
tabaks

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 pm

The CAPTCHA challenges are in no way generated by our app, and we wish we could avoid them altogether. When VoiceCentral logs into Google Voice on your behalf, Google may respond with a CAPTCHA challenge. If it does, then VoiceCentral passes the challenge along to you.

If it's happening frequently, you may want to log into the Google Voice site using Safari on your iPhone to see if it "resets" your account for you. Also, do you have many apps logging into GV on your behalf? If so, that could be triggering Google to verify that it is a human rather than a script logging in.

Another idea to check into: Launch Settings, select Safari, and see what you have for Accept Cookies. Are you using a value of Never for that setting? If so, try using From visited and launch VoiceCentral a couple of times in a row to see if the authorization "sticks."
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Someone brought this link to my attention:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Anyone experiencing this issue should try using that form to reset the CAPTCHA status for their account. Please post here to let us know if it does or does not resolve the issue.
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

There is a different URL for Google Apps accounts, but Google Voice does not support Google Apps accounts. I have seen "strange" behavior when a user has a Google Apps account and a standard Google account using the same e-mail address, so it's possible that the CAPTCHA response is not being applied properly in that situation. For any users with a Google Apps account using the same e-mail address as your Google Voice account, replace yourdomain.com with your Google Apps domain name in the URL below and submit the form:

https://www.google.com/a/yourdomain.com/UnlockCaptcha
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:58 am

Did that resolve the issue for those of you that posted here? We've had a lot of people submit incidents about it, and that form seems to fix it for them. It would be great to hear that it's working for you.
Chris

Postby nfinn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:43 pm

That link worked for me!
nfinn

Postby recycle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:46 pm

That worked for me too! Thanks!
recycle

Next

Return to General Support