[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Verification Problems

Verification Problems

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Verification Problems

Postby jkepnes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

I can't get past the verification required screen. No matter how accurate my answer is, it always goes back to "Please enter the texrt shown in the image adn press 'Save' again." Help!
jkepnes

Re: Verification Problems

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Please make sure cookies are enabled by launching Settings and selecting Safari. The Accept Cookies option should be set to From visited or Always.

If that does not resolve the issue, try logging into the Google Voice web site from your iPhone to see if it gives you any "strange" messages such as forcing you to accept new terms and conditions. If you can log into the GV site from your iPhone, try it again using VoiceCentral.
Chris

Postby jkepnes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for the tips, but ufortunately it's still not working. What else am I doing wrong?
jkepnes

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

I won't lie--you have me a bit stumped on this one. There are only 2 things that come to mind:

First, it's possible that the login is failing and the result is another CAPTCHA challenge. Are there any "special" characters in your password that perhaps we are not handling correctly? If so, try temporarily changing your Google account's password to only letters and numbers. Then log into VC with the new password to see if it works.

Second, reinstalling the app may help. To fully remove it, follow the instructions in this FAQ:

http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/faq.php#question15

Please also perform step 10 so that all offline data is removed. Then add the app to your home screen again to see if the problem is resolved.
Chris

Postby eEditor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 am

jkepnes-

I am having the exact same issue, but unfortunately will have to wait to go through the suggested steps tomorrow. If you get a chance to try and rectify the problem tonight, please post your findings here, and I will check in tomorrow to see your findings. Thanks!
eEditor

Postby eEditor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

I followed the "uninstall" directions exactly, re-installed, and am still stuck at the verification point. Each time I submit the captcha, another blue dialog box pops up requesting that I perform that action again. :?
eEditor

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 am

We're trying to reproduce this issue here...

Are the CAPTCHA images/words different each time?
Chris

Postby jkepnes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:55 am

For some reason, you have an email address of mine other than my Google Voice email address. Could that be causing the problem?
jkepnes

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

jkepnes wrote:For some reason, you have an email address of mine other than my Google Voice email address. Could that be causing the problem?

FYI: I edited your post to remove your e-mail addresses from the forum thread for your own privacy. The reason we have an additional e-mail address for you is because you provided the other (non-GV) e-mail address when you registered on the forum. As long as you used your GV username when you registered for VoiceCentral (and you received your VoiceCentral beta activation e-mail at that address), then the app is using the correct address for logging you in.
Chris

Postby jkepnes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

I understand. What I believe happened is that I registered mistakenly with the non-GV email address. I received the beta email at my non-GV address, which is what I'm being instructed to use. Is there any way to change your records to reflect my true GV email? Thanks.
jkepnes

Next

Return to General Support