[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Call is not getting placed by Google?

Call is not getting placed by Google?

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Call is not getting placed by Google?

Postby espineira » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm calling a number from the app, it calls my ringback # in this case the iphone, pick up the call and wait to be connected but nothing. Just sat there waiting for the connection to take place but it never completed...

I tried with Google app and the call is connected right away.
espineira

Re: Call is not getting placed by Google?

Postby korey_sed » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:28 pm

What is the number you are calling? we place the same exact call that Google does so it is strange that it would not work. It could be something to do with the number and perhaps Google is appending numbers to it to complete it.

if you can share the number, perhaps we can help? or you can try a different number to see if none work for you or just this one. Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post it here.
korey_sed

Postby espineira » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 pm

ARGH! It is working again. I hate non-reproduceable cases. I tried the number several times and it would not complete the call, so I ended up using the Google app. If it happens again, I'll PM you with the number and when exactly is happening. But never mind for now ;)
espineira

Postby korey_sed » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:45 pm

:) Happy that it is working for you.

FYI, we have observed some inconsistency on Google's side lately where some calls are placed late or not placed at all (simlar to yours). Generally speaking, if you get the prompt that informs you the call was placed with an option to cancel the call, it means that we send the right info to Google and beyond that it is up to Google Voice to service the request.
korey_sed

Postby jdia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 pm

espineira wrote:ARGH! It is working again. I hate non-reproduceable cases. I tried the number several times and it would not complete the call, so I ended up using the Google app. If it happens again, I'll PM you with the number and when exactly is happening. But never mind for now ;)

I'm having this same intermittent problem; works perfectly when using the Google app (where it uses some third-party number to call back the app), but when using Black Swan (where it uses my mobile number to call back), it sometimes doesn't connect. There was a stretch when it happened just about every 4th call. I have a good signal at home so that's not it...

Well, it could be that everyone testing the Black Swan app is killing the Google servers! :lol:

I'll check it out again tomorrow, but I guess for now, I am sticking with the Google app.

Great job.
jdia

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 pm

You're definitely right that the servers are being hit very hard right now (we let loose *another* 5 digits worth of users today). We expected the servers to hold up under the load, though.

Anyone else having this issue? What's the frequency?

If you're having this issue, do you also have it when dialing from the full version of the Google Voice web site (i.e.: using a callback number)?
Chris

Postby anreddy1116 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 am

Placing phone calls works great unless I'm using gizmo. It won't place outgoing calls through gizmo.
anreddy1116

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

anreddy1116 wrote:Placing phone calls works great unless I'm using gizmo. It won't place outgoing calls through gizmo.

It looks like we're making progress figuring out the Gizmo5 issue on the following thread:

http://www.riverturn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67

Since this thread was originally discussing general issues placing calls and the current issue seems specific to dialing with a Gizmo5 account, lets use the other thread to continue the discussion.
Chris

Return to General Support