[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Contact Scrolling

Contact Scrolling

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Contact Scrolling

Postby dorofino » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

As I understand it there are some limitations of the scrolling speed in the browser - but if this is not correct I'd recommend speeding up the scrolling a bit.

In addition I find that scrolling doesn't always react as I would expect. Again, this is likely a limitation of the web app, but I thought I would bring it up. As the scroll momentum slows I typically attempt to scroll again to speed it back up - this often stops the scrolling completely, unlike a native app.

Also, juts wanted to give Kudos to you guys. The app is extremely well done and I still intend to use it in spite of the changes google put out last week with their web app.

edit: just noticed this is a 'known' defect
dorofino

Re: Contact Scrolling

Postby korey_sed » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 pm

You are correct in that there are limitation due to the browser. This behavior is typically related to the number of contacts you have and the larger the list, the more difficult the scrolling.

How many contacts do you have imported currently? it should be written at the bottom of your contact list.
korey_sed

Postby dorofino » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

thanks for the tip on the count - while i was reading your post I was unhappy at the prospect of counting them - then I smiled
dorofino

Postby korey_sed » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 pm

81 is not much, so that is surprising. I take it you are running on a 3G since 3Gs has much better performance. If this is so, there is not much you can do at this point, but I have found that my phone in general can get sluggish if I have more than a couple email accounts on there fetching more than 25 emails, specially with push turned on.

On my 3G, I restored the phone to factory defaults and was able to run with over 600 contacts with no issues. Anyways, this is not a solution for you, just some observations we have made, and the limitations we are dealing with.

Thanks for the feedback.
korey_sed

Postby dorofino » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm on a 3GS perhaps I need to restart the phone

either way - I'm just happy to have a decent way to use GV

thanks
dorofino

Return to General Support