[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - BlackSwan VS GV Mobile+

BlackSwan VS GV Mobile+

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

BlackSwan VS GV Mobile+

Postby joey » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 am

Just wanted to say after using GV Mobile for a couple of weeks I see that how much better BlackSwan is even as a webapp. It almost never crashes and can be updated whenever vs GV Mobile which yes does crash and cannot be updated on the fly. My only complaints with BlackSwan is no push service, voicemail playback could change and native contacts would be nice as I like syncing with mobile me not Google.

Wont go into too much detail but I went back to Blackswan already and using boxcar for my notifications. It works great and like I said it never crashes.

If Blackswan can get a native app like their webapp it will the Tweetie of Google Voice Apps right?

Joey
joey

Re: BlackSwan VS GV Mobile+

Postby eprisencc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:38 am

Actually the new 1.03 version of GV Mobile is pretty impressive. The ui is cleaner, multiple sign in support, everything loads faster and Sean added support for direct dialing. GV Mobile's direct dialing implementation does not require u to click on a call prompt either. Very smooth and extremely close to the feel of a native dialer. I actually feel comfortable hiding the native phone icon now.
eprisencc

Re: BlackSwan VS GV Mobile+

Postby recycle » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 pm

I have to admit after upgrading to GV Mobile+ 1.0.3, I feel like it is the first time that Google Voice isn't a "second-class-citizen" on the iPhone -- meaning it is as seamless as the native dialer.

I feel like if Riverturn used their awesome skills (and taste) to combine their back-end server infrastructure that BlackSwan uses with a native client, they could do some really cool stuff...

BlackSwan today still has features no one else has though...
recycle

Return to General Support