[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Error Placing Call - message

Error Placing Call - message

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Error Placing Call - message

Postby susan1raab » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 am

HELP!!?!?

So I load and do everything as directed. I double check everything and when I go to place a call I get a pop up on my ipadtouch that says "Error Placing Call".

Now what???

Do I need to go through that whole SIP Account installation thing as described in the tutorials section of this forum in order for this thing to work?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
susan1raab

Re: Error Placing Call - message

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Did you choose an actual phone number or the Google Talk option (your e-mail address) as the call back number? Support for using the Google Talk option as a call back number will be part of the next release.
Chris

Postby susan1raab » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 am

Umm...I know I didn't pick a phone number so I must have chosen my e mail account by default.

If I go back in and pick a phone number will it then work?

AND can you tell me how to do that please?

Thanks
susan1raab

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 am

Simply launch VoiceCentral, select Settings, choose Call Back, and pick a number from the list. If no other numbers are listed, then you will need to add more forwarding phones to your Google Voice account. Premium Subscribers can select the Forwarding link on that screen to edit their forwarding numbers. Free users must log into the Google Voice site at https://www.google.com/voice, select Settings in the top right corner, and choose Voice settings. On the Phones tab, click Add another phone and fill out the form.
Chris

Postby tunnsie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:34 pm

There is no such phone tab in the voice settings
tunnsie

Postby tunnsie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:00 pm

tunnsie wrote:There is no such phone tab in the voice settings

Actually to be a little more helpful, I should say that under voice settings there is no place to add a phone number, nor is there any other place I can see in Google account settings (voice or otherwise).
I don't mean to sound like a miser, but I see no way for this service to have a "free" option.
The setup indicates you must have a Google voice account. In order to setup forwarding to get it to work then you need the premium service. That seems contradictory.
There is no place in Google voice settings to add a phone number. The only tabs in Google voice settings are "Billing" and "account". There is nothing referencing phone numbers anywhere.
tunnsie

Postby tunnsie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Just found out that the phone number option is for US only. So Black Swan is not a free service outside the US .. apparently. To bad it looked like a good service.
tunnsie

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:03 pm

I checked with one of our Canadian users and he is able to use Google Voice because he was a GrandCentral user before the purchase by Google and was essentially "grandfathered in." He suggested forwarding your GV number to a U.S. VoIP number (Vonage, Skype, etc.) and then pointing the VoIP number to your Canadian number. That will be an issue if you do not have the Phones option in your GV account's settings, of course. Did you choose a Canadian number when you created your GV account? If so, that may be the reason you cannot add forwarding numbers.

Do any of our Canadian users have suggestions for this?
Chris

Return to General Support