[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Just installed, app doesn't start up just exits immediately

Just installed, app doesn't start up just exits immediately

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Just installed, app doesn't start up just exits immediately

Postby bitbytebit » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 pm

I just installed the VoiceCentral App on my iPhone, with ios4. When I open the application on my iphone it shows a blank screen and immediately exits. So doesn't seem to work at all for me, wondering what this may be and if it is a known issue? Looks exciting, hope I'm able to get it working, any help would be great :).

Thanks,
Chris
bitbytebit

Re: Just installed, app doesn't start up just exits immediately

Postby caadoptees » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I have the same thing happening here. I am on IOS4 with a jailbroken 3GS. However, the VC app was broken before I went to IOS4. I cannot remember if it stopped after jailbreaking. My guess is that I jailbroke, used GV+, then found VC. I know I have used VC after jailbreaking but not now.

A previous message mentioned clearing the database, how can we do this WITHOUT getting into VC, as I obviously cannot?

Thanks
caadoptees

Postby recycle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Have you guys looked at this thread?

A previous message mentioned clearing the database, how can we do this WITHOUT getting into VC, as I obviously cannot?

Instructions for deleting the database can be found here:
http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/faq.php#question11
recycle

Postby bitbytebit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:41 pm

I see, so basically a jailbroken iphone with the 4.0 version of pwnage broke iBooks and now the 4.1 version which fixes iBooks breaks all webapps. Does anyone know if that's really the only difference between 4.0 and 4.1 versions of pwnage? I definitely don't need iBooks and am interested in using VoiceCentral, so guessing it would be worth it to use pwnage 4.0 instead and re-jailbreak my iphone. Curious if anyone else did this and are there any caveats with 4.0 pwnage other than the iBooks thing.

Thanks,
Chris
bitbytebit

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:28 am

I have not personally tried either version of PwnageTool (still running 3.1.3 for regression testing), but my impression from chp1990's post at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=164&start=10#p826 was that he did confirm those were the major problems with each version.

Also note that there is an acceptable workaround if you do not want to use the other version of PwnageTool: simply install VoiceCentral using the Advanced option, uncheck the option to run as a standalone app, tap Install, and bookmark the resulting app instance. As long as you run it within Safari, this issue does not surface.
Chris

Return to General Support