[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - SMS After Midnight

SMS After Midnight

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

SMS After Midnight

Postby Bobarkinator » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:31 am

I often SMS people one day and continue the conversation over past midnight. Voice Central however stops displaying messages from after midnight and I have to switch over to Google's webapp to continue the conversation. Also the datestamp apparently gets switched to the next day because the whole next day it's at the top of my list of SMS conversations
Bobarkinator

Re: SMS After Midnight

Postby joey » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 am

I am noticing the same thing as well. Not good.....

I looked at my time stamps in Google Voice for text and I see its not updating in Voice Central after midnight.

This to me is a major issue as I work graveyard. I typically am on a computer but still I need the messages to show up.
joey

Postby joey » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 am

Is there any acknowledgement on this issue? Please can we have an update?
joey

Postby joey » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 am

BTW I have resloved the issue by clearing the databases with they keypad and removing the database in safari. It seems my text are displaying now. Could be something the way the database is handeling the text.
joey

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Sorry about not replying to this thread sooner. I'll set an alarm tonight or tomorrow to wake myself for a little midnight-hour messaging so we can get this resolved. Any other specifics that would help to reproduce the error? For example, must it be a reply to an existing conversation or does it matter whether the first post-midnight message is to or from your GV account?
Chris

Postby Bobarkinator » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:02 am

I believe it has to be in. An existing conversation. Not sure about the to and from specifics, I don't think it matters
Bobarkinator

Postby joey » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:31 am

Most of the time I start the conversions on the Google voice site and when I have to do some work in the data centers I take my phone.
joey

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:02 am

I set an alarm for 12:05 AM, sent some messages back and forth, and even convinced my fiancee that what I was doing didn't make me crazy enough to be committed. Unfortunately (?), it worked exactly as I'd expect. I attached a screen shot of that conversation.

Can one of you post a screen shot of the problem on your device as well as what you'd expect to be different in that particular screen shot? It would be great if you could also post a screen shot of the same conversation within the Google Voice site, but I understand that may show too much personal information.
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 23723 times
Chris

Postby jongpie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi Chris,

It looks like you may have overlooked an important detail. The issue occurs when you start a SMS thread before midnight, and then continue it soon after midnight. For example, I had this issue a while back where I sent a text to a friend on July 1st around 11:50 AM. At ~12:05 AM (technically July 2nd), he sent me a reply.

Since there was only about a 15 minute gap, Google figured out it was actually a reply to the same thread, and grouped the messages together (instead of separating them into 2 threads, per their "normal" method.

VoiceCentral then gets confused and thinks that every text was sent on July 1st, and the 12:05 AM message gets thrown to the top of the thread.

I had a screenshot of it, but can't seem to find it right now - I'll try to dig it up or recreate it when I get a chance.
jongpie

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 pm

You're right. I used a conversation from much earlier in the day. I'll try to start a conversation a few minutes before midnight to test it again. If anyone can post screen shots sooner, that would be great.
Chris

Next

Return to General Support