[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Call Back Stopped Working

Call Back Stopped Working

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Call Back Stopped Working

Postby recycle » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:07 pm

This is strange... I think it started after the latest upgrade.

Using Call Back... dialing from the keypad works fine. Calling from a Contact or Favorites brings up the dialog for which number to call back on, and selecting any of them just makes the dialog disappear with no call.

Switching to Direct Outbound, it works but the outbound number is using a 347 area code when I'm in the 518 one. It used to use a 518 one.

Anyone else having trouble? I'm a 3GS with iOS4 on WiFi.
recycle

Re: Call Back Stopped Working

Postby recycle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:18 am

Nobody else has this problem?? I've found Call Back works if I turn-off the "Ask me everytime" dialog and just set the number in settings.

I deleted my database out of desperation (##335*32#) with no luck.

Funny how quickly one get's used to a feature they didn't even have a few weeks ago! :geek:
recycle

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Switching to Direct Outbound, it works but the outbound number is using a 347 area code when I'm in the 518 one. It used to use a 518 one.

I was able to reproduce this and it may be a settings conflict. When you are using Direct Outbound dialing, your call back number should always be set to the phone number of your iPhone. If I set mine to "Ask every time" in conjunction with Direct Outbound dialing, I get a long distance number as the proxy number (shown in the iPhone's Call/Cancel dialog).

Using Call Back... dialing from the keypad works fine. Calling from a Contact or Favorites brings up the dialog for which number to call back on, and selecting any of them just makes the dialog disappear with no call.

I believe I have this one, too. It looks like it only happens for certain numbers in my contacts. I'll dig deeper and update this thread.
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Yes, it only happens for phone numbers formatted in a certain way. Expect a fix for this very soon, and thank you for letting us know.
Chris

Postby recycle » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Release 1.2.2 has fixed this issue for me -- thanks!

Also the issue with not using a local access number for outbound calls seems to be an issue with Google -- I'm getting the same number from Google's WebApp.
recycle

Return to General Support