[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Unable to see the SMS messages

Unable to see the SMS messages

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Unable to see the SMS messages

Postby SRINIGVG » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello,
In this message, I'm reporting the following issue with Voice Central on iPhone 4.
I'm not able to see the SMS messages, be it after the Auto Refresh or after the Manual Refresh. (I am able to send the SMS messages though)

The SMS screen is just blank :( - could someone help me troubleshoot this issue, please?

Thanks & Regards,
Srini
SRINIGVG

Re: Unable to see the SMS messages

Postby link » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 am

I'm having the same issue but with voicemails and contacts in addition to the SMS. However, this made me start to use the mobile version of google voice which I'm really starting to get used to.
link

Postby ryanb850 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 pm

I can also send out SMS from google voice or the black swan app but it's always a one ended conversation. I never receive the SMS responses at all doesn't work from google voice web app either. Nor do I receive an email of the SMS that is supposed to be forwarded.
ryanb850

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:18 am

This may be a local database issue. You can delete your local DB by launching VoiceCentral and following these steps:

1. Select Keypad.
  2. Enter ##335*32#.
  3. Tap Call.

That should clear your local DB, restart the app, and ask you to reenter your login credentials. Let us know if that helps.

ryanb850, you may be having other issues if it does not work from the GV web app. Does it work from the desktop version of their site?
Chris

Postby SRINIGVG » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried punching that number ##335*32# - But I'm encountered with the message "https://voicecentralwe.appspot.com
Error 1: database disk image is malformed" (I've the image to upload, I'll upload it as soon as I get some time).

Could you kindly suggest the way to move forward on this, please?

Thanks & Regards,
Srini
SRINIGVG

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:47 pm

SRINIGVG, that solidifies the point that the DB is corrupted. You can delete the database using this approach:

1. Launch the iPhone's Settings app.
  2. Select Safari.
  3. Choose Databases.
  4. Tap Edit.
  5. Delete the VoiceCentral database.
  6. Tap Done.

After completing those steps, close the Settings app and follow the directions again to be sure the database was deleted successfully (make sure it is no longer listed). I've seen it get removed from the list but reappear when I go back to Settings, which seems to be caused by having the site open in a Safari tab. Once you get it removed, launch the app again to recreate the database.
Chris

Postby SRINIGVG » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Chris,
It did help. Thank you for the support. I appreciate that.

Regards,
Srini
SRINIGVG

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 pm

No problem, Srini. I'm glad it's working.

I'm still expecting to hear from ryanb850 on this thread. link, feel free to respond to this thread or your other one.
Chris

Postby link » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:00 pm

I tried both the ##335*32# and the database delete from safari and both didn't do anything.

I also tried a hard reset. Nothing
link

Postby link » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I take that back. just did another hard reset again... and now all my past history is there.
link

Next

Return to General Support