[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Unable to see the SMS messages

Unable to see the SMS messages

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Unable to see the SMS messages

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 am

Glad to hear it.
Chris

Postby ryanb850 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Reset as noted in the post via the keypad. It reset successfully and I relogged in. Tried to send myself a txt message from my cell # to my google voice number and never received the text. It seems to be a google issue not your software, but can't get any answers from them. Thank you for your promt response greatly appreciated. Love to use my google num more but not being able to receive txt messages is an issue for me. Ryanb850
ryanb850

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 am

Obviously we can't fix Google issues and we can't commit to providing support for problems on their end. However, there are a lot of experienced GV users on these forums and I'm sure they'd be willing to help troubleshoot if they notice this thread is not resolved.

To start you off, I'm going to take the assumption that GV is new to you and that the problem is caused by something simple that's being overlooked (since we know GV does "work"). Use this post as a getting started guide / checklist rather than taking it personally if the instructions start off below your experience level. I'm making these assumptions, so correct me if any are incorrect:

• You're using an iPhone with active AT&T service in the U.S.
  • Your cell plan includes SMS messaging.
  • You've confirmed that the issue is not with your cell service or device by sending and receiving an SMS on your iPhone recently.

First, let's narrow it down to the simplest components: focus on using just your cell phone and the full version of the GV web site at http://www.google.com/voice/. Under the Google logo in the top left corner of the site, click the Text button and send an SMS to your cell phone using that form. When the message arrives on your cell phone, reply to it. Then select Text in the column on the left side of the web site (the menu option--not the button) and see if the conversation appears there.
Chris

Postby ryanb850 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

Actually I have a prepaid cell with t mobile and am using an iPod with black swan. I can send receive texts from my cell number. I have tried sending a txt from the full desktop version of gv or even black swan and it does go thru to my cell or anyones cell for that matter. However I myself or anyone I text from it I don't receive the response. If I respond from my own cell I don't get any error and looks as if the txt was sent to my gv num??
ryanb850

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

So, sending from your GV account works? To confirm: You can send "test message from GV site" to your cell number and receive that message on your phone; the message also appears in the GV site in the Text section.

If you reply to that message with "reply from my cell," that response never shows up in your GV account in the Text section?
Chris

Postby ryanb850 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 pm

That is exactly correct.
ryanb850

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Does it also fail if you create a new SMS on your cell phone with your GV number as the recipient rather than replying to an existing message?
Chris

Postby ryanb850 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes it seems as if it sends it from the cell but is never received on GV. There are no errors anywhere.
ryanb850

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Do you have any phones added in your Google Voice settings? I'm not sure if that's required before the service starts to fully function.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Chris

Postby ryanb850 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Yes I've been using GV for 8 mos now I have a landline, cell, and work phone under forwarding phones.
ryanb850

PreviousNext

Return to General Support