[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Data usage on BlackSwan? iPhone 4

Data usage on BlackSwan? iPhone 4

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Data usage on BlackSwan? iPhone 4

Postby releki » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi, I'm using:

iPhone 4
iOS4 / Safari

on the 200mb/month plan.

How much data does the webblication use to access, and also using sms? I want to budget how many texts I send etc. If not, how much does Google Voice use?
releki

Re: Data usage on BlackSwan? iPhone 4

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 am

It would be very difficult if not impossible to give you a reliable answer to this question because everyone's data usage is different. For example, I use very little data for the voicemail fetch because I rarely have more than one voicemail in my account while other users may keep all of theirs. SMS varies much more because a given user may have many more messages per conversation (we fetch 10 conversations rather than a limited number of messages).

I would recommend setting the SMS Auto-Refresh setting to Disabled, Slowest, or Slow and monitoring your data usage throughout the first few months. Also, having a large number of contacts (especially with photos) that change frequently will eat away at your data usage. Now that iPhone users have metered data plans, maybe we should consider an option to disable contact photos.
Chris

Return to General Support