[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Voicemail not working

Voicemail not working

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Voicemail not working

Postby recycle » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 am

I just got a voicemail and when I try to play it through VoiceCentral, I get this strange behavior: The message starts out "Hey, Jay, I just wanted to..." but when I start playing it it goes "Hey ah-Jay ah-Jay ah-Jay" and then stops completely.

I popped over to Google's webapp (on iPhone) and it played fine.

Happens on both the current version and 1.2 beta. Running 3GS with iOS4.

Anyone else having problems this morning?
recycle

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Are you still seeing a problem? I tried it just now and was able to play several voicemails using 3.1.3. If you're still having issues, I'll check with other 4.0 users.
Chris

Postby recycle » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Yeah, still doing it as of 9:45pm, but just for that message -- earlier and later messages are working normally. Just something strange with that one... I downloaded the MP3 if you want to "look" at it (~100KB).

Since it's just one message I'm not too worried about it at this point.
recycle

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Let us know if you run into it again. It seems like a one-off issue at this point.
Chris

Postby PeterE » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 pm

I've had the same problem with my voicemail playback as that described by recycle below (after a few seconds of playback, the sound just "skips", replaying the last sound over and over again, and doesn't play forward. I've tried restarting my iPhone4 as well as deleting (database and everything) the webpplication, but no change. It happened to one of my two messages yesterday, and to one of my two message today. The problem persists. The voicemails play just fine on the the google voice web-app.

(BTW, I updated to the premium version 8-days ago. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.).
PeterE

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Are you seeing any sort of pattern to the one(s) that won't play? For example, is it a long message in comparison to the ones that play correctly? Does it make a difference if you're using EDGE, 3G, or Wi-Fi?
Chris

Postby recycle » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm

The problem happens for me under WiFi and 3G. I haven't seen the problem since my original report. I saved the message and it still behaves with this oddity. It is 51 seconds long. Google transcribed it properly if that is useful.
recycle

Postby PeterE » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:44 pm

As a matter of fact, the two that are having problems are both the only ones I've gotten that are over 50 seconds (56 and 58 seconds). They behave the same way regardless the connection type.

Another thing (probably unrelated because it affects all of my messages, not just the problematic ones) - on none of my quicktime messages does the progress bar move off of zero nor does it show the length on the quicktime interface. The seconds are shown on the VoiceCentral interface, but the quicktime interface (again for all messages, not just the affected ones) shows zero seconds and plays when loaded, but with no indication of progress.
PeterE

Return to General Support