[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Install page not installing

Install page not installing

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Install page not installing

Postby djames » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi all,
Install page does not work on my iPhone either.
I have a un-touched (no jailbreak) 3GS running iOS4.
I was able to install Blackswan the first time. Webclip icon was created and db was created. Yet when I launched the Blackswan icon and logging in, I just got to screen with Blackswan logo. No buttons at all.
I tried following the FAQs to remove the app (delete icon, DB, cache, cookies and restarts several times) and installed BS again without success.
Now after getting to Standard/Advanced Install screen and clicking Install ( I even tried Advanced with Stand Alone option unchecked), I got the same Blackswan logo screen (no button; no webclip nor db created). I enabled debug mode (Settings/Safari/Developer/Debug On) and got the following two javascript errors

- Error on Line 451: /js/main.js: SyntaxError: Parse error
- Error on Line 36: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: init

I really want to get this working
Hope someone can help me
djames

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 am

We've had users report the app not getting past the Black Swan logo before, but it was due to JavaScript being disabled. It almost sounds like you have missing or corrupted files. Please confirm that JavaScript is on and Accept Cookies is set to Always or From visited. We'll continue from there.
Chris

Postby djames » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks Chris.
Javacript is on
Accept Cookies is From Visited. Setting it to Always did not help either.
I cleared caches and cookies every time I tried.
Would there be some corrupted files lingering somewhere else?

Thanks
Chris wrote:We've had users report the app not getting past the Black Swan logo before, but it was due to JavaScript being disabled. It almost sounds like you have missing or corrupted files. Please confirm that JavaScript is on and Accept Cookies is set to Always or From visited. We'll continue from there.
djames

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 pm

We pushed an update out, so your device should get fresh files the next time you launch VoiceCentral. Please try that and let us know if you continue to have problems after the update.
Chris

Previous

Return to General Support