[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Install page not installing

Install page not installing

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Install page not installing

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Does the standalone version work after the database is created?
Chris

Postby muhaha » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 pm

it works right after installing and login, but once i close it down and add it to my home screen, i can't open it again. The application opens and quits immediately.
muhaha

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 pm

I created a trouble ticket for you so that we can get a log file for more in-depth troubleshooting. Please attempt to launch VoiceCentral from the icon so that it fails to launch. Recreating the problem immediately before submitting the log will make it easier to track it. Then launch it using the Advanced install with "Run as Standalone App" unchecked so the app functions for you. Go to the Settings tab, select About VoiceCentral at the top, choose Submit Log, enter 595 as the Incident ID, and tap Submit.
Chris

Postby chp1990 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 pm

I tried to submit a few logs under the Incident ID provided. Hope that helps.
chp1990

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm

To update this thread, we're investigating the possibility that the current jailbreaking process breaks all standalone web apps (webclips). If anyone would like to confirm this, you can try installing this web app and running it from a Home screen icon:

http://www.apple.com/webapps/utilities/ ... etics.html

You should experience the same problem as with VoiceCentral. Can anyone reproduce this issue and state that they used something other than PwnageTool 4.01 to jailbreak? If everyone used the same tool, we'll notify them of the issue to get a resolution.
Chris

Postby jongpie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:08 am

Chris, I might have another example that supports the theory that jailbreaking can break all web clips. I've got a site that turns several web apps (mostly Google stuff) into fullscreen web clips. (It's nothing fancy, but works nicely)

I've been working with one guy to troubleshoot a similar problem - he had his iPod jailbroken, and the web clips used to work, but now they crash when he tries to launch them (just like the OP of this thread). I had him try a few other web clips from other sites (to be sure it wasn't my site), and he has the same problem with all of them.

I've asked him for more info on what tool he used to jailbreak, etc. I'll let you know when I get more details. Hope this helps!
jongpie

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 am

We had another user confirm this issue after using redsn0w v0.9.5b5-4.
Chris

Postby yuusharo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

I can confirm the same behavior after using PwnageTool on my iPhone 3GS. Stand alone app will not work.
yuusharo

Postby chp1990 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 pm

FYI, jailbreaking an iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.0 results in working standalone web apps. (Not limited to just VoiceCentral) However, iBooks does not function properly. (Known issue)

Jailbreaking an iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.01 results in non-working standalone web apps.

I'm a glutton for punishment and was able to reproduce this behavior after multiple Restores.
chp1990

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks for punishing yourself over this one.

There you have it, folks: Jailbreakers can choose between iBooks and web apps for now, and you can always run VoiceCentral as a tab in Safari as a workaround.
Chris

PreviousNext

Return to General Support