[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Install page not installing

Install page not installing

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Install page not installing

Postby LostAirman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:41 pm

I lost the VoiceCentral app in a recent restore on my iPhone. Using the http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/install page on the phone doesn't actually put a working icon on the home screen. Whether I select simple or advanced install, the installed icon opens the app momentarily, then dies. I never actually get to use the application.
LostAirman

Re: Install page not installing

Postby chp1990 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm seeing the same behavior here. The VoiceCentral home screen shortcut brings up a window showing the install screen, then quits.

iPhone 3GS
iOS 4.0
Jailbroken using PwnageTool 4.01

VoiceCentral worked fine under iOS 3.1.2, also jailbroken.
chp1990

Postby muhaha » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:44 pm

I am having the same issue.
It started after I upgraded to IOS4. Every time I open the application, the screen quickly close. So I deleted the application from my phone and cleared cache, history, database. Then I tried to re-install it. but no luck with the installation link http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/install. It only shows the VoiceCentral black swan background but no options to download
muhaha

Postby muhaha » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 pm

I apologize, I had Javascript turned off :(. Anyway I turned it on and i was able to install VoiceCentral, but whenever i open it, it shows a white page and quickly quits.
muhaha

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Did you leave JavaScript enabled when trying to use the app (not just for the installation)? Also, do you have Accept Cookies set to at least From visited? It's possible that issues from the failed installation(s) may force you to do a full uninstall and fresh install before it will succeed. Try these steps for a full uninstall including the database removal steps and the optional steps at the end:

http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/faq.php#question11
Chris

Postby chp1990 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:06 pm

My Safari settings are at the default (JavaScript ON, Accept Cookies From visited), and I am experiencing the issue.

As the original poster mentioned, it is almost as if it is not completely installing because the VoiceCentral database is not always created during the install.

Any other ideas?
chp1990

Postby muhaha » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Good point chp1990. Same thing with me too. The database never created again whrn i reinstall.
muhaha

Postby mysixstring » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 pm

I have been having the exact same problem after upgrading to iOS 4
mysixstring

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 am

Have any of you tried an advanced install with "Run as Standalone App" unchecked? It would be nice to know if you're able to run it inside a browser and, if so, whether that allows the database to be created.
Chris

Postby muhaha » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:21 pm

hi Chris,
I tried what you said installing with Run as Standalone App "Unchecked", and it did create the database and can place calls and so on, but of course using safari.
muhaha

Next

Return to General Support