[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - ios4 incompatibility?

ios4 incompatibility?

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

ios4 incompatibility?

Postby cbdejavu » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I just updated my iPhone to ios4 and when I launched the app it updated itself and then now I only get my list of contacts. The navigation buttons that used to be on the bottom of the screen are gone and if I select one of my contacts it just goes to a black screen. I looked through the forums here but don't see anyone else mention the problem. Is this a known issue or is something wrong with my installation? I did delete and try to re-install the app to see if that would fix anything but it didn't seem to make a difference.

update 1 - ok, interesting thing is I was just reading the forums here and saw the post about how to run it inside of safari, so I tried that url and I can run the application fine inside of safari so I'm guessing something got messed up with my installation during the last update? If that is the case how do I fully remove the app to try to re-install it since deleting it doesn't seem to do the trick.

update 2 - ok I found where to delete the database settings under safari, I cleared the history, cookies and cache, then re-installed the application. (I also shut the phone down and restarted it both after doing the uninstall and after re-installing). Now when I launch it it comes up to the settings screen (I'm guessing because that is the last screen I was in when I launched it through safarai) and the buttons across the bottom are still not there. I guess at this point I'll wait and see if it is known that it just doesn't work under ios4. If that is the case it would be nice if it was CLEARLY posted somewhere so people know not to upgrade their phones to ios4 until the app is updated.

It does seem to work in safari for now so at least that is a work around.
cbdejavu

Re: ios4 incompatibility?

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:12 pm

We do have iOS 4 testers as well as end-users, and you are the first person to report this issue. It would be great if you could send a screen shot of the app when it's in this state. To take a screen shot on your iPhone, get the app in the "fudged" state and then hold the power button while you tap the Home button once. You should hear the camera noise and the screen shot will be saved in your Photos. Simply go to that photo and e-mail it to support@riverturn.com.
Chris

Postby recycle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 am

Just to confirm I've been using iOS4 on a 3GS since Monday and have had no problems.
recycle

Postby yogisdad » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm

I also upgraded my 3Gs iPhone to iOS4, no major issues with VoiceCentral. It still asks me to save my settings even though I'm not in the settings window.
yogisdad

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:32 pm

yogisdad wrote:It still asks me to save my settings even though I'm not in the settings window.

Did this start happening to you after upgrading to iOS 4 or was it already happening? Either way, I'd like to fix the issue. You may need to clear your local database and start fresh. To do so, launch VoiceCentral, go to Keypad, enter ##335*32#, and tap Call. That should restart the app and ask you to enter your login info again. Post back here to let us know if that resolves the issue for you.
Chris

Postby joey » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:43 am

I have notice the same problem but was just waiting for someone else to bring it up. Usually if I rotate my phone and rotate it back it fixes it. I just cleared my database like said above and will keep my findings posted.

Anywhere I can email my screenshots to with a certain keyword in the subject.? It would be much easier.
joey

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 am

You can send screen shots to support@riverturn.com with a subject of "Thread 162" so we can match them to this forum thread.
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

We've had users in another thread reach the conclusion that the issue they're experiencing on iOS 4 is caused by the jailbreaking process. Are any of you seeing this issue on a non-jailbroken device? Please be aware that "you're jailbroken" is not a resolution in our eyes. We simply want as much information as possible when we reach out to the jailbreaking community for a fix.
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Although I didn't receive a reply to that last post, I went back and checked out the screen shots and logs again and I'm wondering if this has a different cause than the problem in the other thread. It looks like this may be caused by selecting an SMS conversation before the login completes. Does that seem like what you're experiencing?
Chris

Postby joey » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:30 am

hmmm cant say that is what is causing it but I will have to watch that.
joey

Next

Return to General Support