[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Contact List problems

Contact List problems

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Contact List problems

Postby sgnhh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi, new user, really digging the free app right now, will consider purchasing once my iPhone 4 gets here if this issue can be resolved.

Certain numbers in my contact list cannot be called. These numbers can have SMS messages sent to them, but cannot have calls connected. Clicking the phone number highlights the number blue, but no connection ever occurs. If I manually type the number into the keypad, then it connects just fine.

For what it's worth, my current version of Black Swan is 1.1.1. On an iPhone 3G running iOS4.
sgnhh

Re: Contact List problems

Postby joey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:03 am

They might in a incorrect format? I know Google did say some areas they cannot call for some reason. You might read into this article and see if this effects your calling area

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... 204b&hl=en
joey

Postby sgnhh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:18 am

Thanks for the link, but I don't believe this to be true since these numbers can be typed into the keypad and called, just not called from my Contact List. Other numbers in my Contact List with the exact same format and area code seem to work just fine.
sgnhh

Postby stuart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 am

Whats the formatting of the number(s)? What's the length? Country Codes?

Mind posting a sample, or sending us one offline?

Thanks,

Stuart
stuart

Postby sgnhh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 am

this number works in my contacts list: (734) 483-1035

this number does not work in my contacts list but does work when typed into keypad: (734) 663-7222

both of these numbers are businesses. they both work when calling from my contacts list in the Google Voice webapp.
sgnhh

Postby sgnhh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 am

66*-**** numbers appear to not be working. as well (734) 761-8006. and yet these numbers can be connected through the GV webapp.
sgnhh

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 am

Is this happening from Contacts or Favorites? Are you getting any error message at all?
Chris

Postby sgnhh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:51 am

This is happening from Contacts, I can't use Favorites since I'm not subscribed. There is no error message or any message at all, it just does not to load.

Interestingly enough, I use Chrome on my Mac with the Google Voice extension. This turns phone numbers into clickable links. The only number on this page that was turned into a link is the first I posted. The rest are not clickable.
sgnhh

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:14 am

I created a trouble ticket for you so that we can get a log file for more in-depth troubleshooting. Please launch VoiceCentral and attempt to call one of the numbers that fails. Recreating the problem immediately before submitting the log will make it easier to track it. Then go to the Settings tab, select About VoiceCentral at the top, choose Submit Log, enter 585 as the Incident ID, and tap Submit.
Chris

Postby sgnhh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:21 am

I resubmitted the log, but I don't think you'll see anything. These numbers are not giving errors or fail messages, they simply aren't doing anything. I click the number and it turns blue, but no call is ever initiated. It's as if nothing is happening.
sgnhh

Next

Return to General Support