[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - What the hell do I have to do

What the hell do I have to do

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

What the hell do I have to do

Postby mattonline » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm

To get a response from Riverturn support?

I've sent three messages now over the past 6 weeks and nada. I paid for a subscription, had some trouble with my PayPal account and somehow deleted the 'recurring bill' and it stopped working. I tried to reactivate the subscription and PayPal says the vendor (Riverturn) should be able to resolve the issue on their end.

Nothing so far....
mattonline

Re: What the hell do I have to do

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Matt, I sincerely apologize for any difficulty you've had reaching us. I'd like to focus on fixing the subscription first and then hopefully you can help us figure out why your incidents were never received (I searched for the e-mail address you registered on the forums as well as for your name in our support portal with no luck).

PayPal will not let us issue a refund for a payment after more than 60 days, and yours was received on March 19th. There are 3 ways we can still fix the subscription:

1) Let the currently paid subscription be a "1-year purchase" and create a new subscription after it expires. If you choose this option, I can toggle your account back to subscription status and the system will auto-disable it after the year elapses without renewal (because recurrences were canceled via PayPal).

2) Create a new subscription, pay for the first year, and then let me issue a refund for that subscription within the allowed 60-day period. The difference between this subscription and what your current status is that we will NOT cancel the new subscription's recurring payments (only refund the initial year's payment for that subscription).

3) Same as option 2 except instead of issuing a refund for the new subscription, I can send a payment to you via PayPal. This would be easier on our end, but I would not recommend it unless you already have your PayPal account linked to a personal bank account for easy transferal of funds.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll make sure it's taken care of.
Chris

Postby mattonline » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 am

Thank you for responding. I appreciate it. Can we just do option 1? It seems like the easiest thing.

As far as the communications, I've just been filling out the online support form and submitting it. It seems to post successfully and gives me a 'we will contact you' message. Please le me know what you need me to do. I would be glad to help.
mattonline

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Option 1: Done. Simply launch VoiceCentral for your account change to take effect.

I want to apologize again for the problem reaching us. I think you'll find by browsing these forums that it's not our "style" to neglect our users. We're definitely going to dig through that code to see if there's anything we can change to make it more reliable. Since there are several systems involved, it will take a while to peruse it all.

From your end, it would be great if you could check any and all SPAM filters you may have in place (for example, if the e-mail address you provided forwards to another address and then you check it using a client such as Outlook, check the SPAM/Junk folders on both e-mail providers' sites as well as your e-mail client). If you find an auto-response, please let me know the incident number.
Chris

Return to General Support