[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - SMS time stamp / order off

SMS time stamp / order off

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

SMS time stamp / order off

Postby christcb » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 am

On my SMS screen the time for some of the messages is wrong and therefore the order of the messages is wrong so it looks like I am not getting my new messages. It may be actually that the time is correct but the date is wrong. It is actually showing messages I got last night with today's day and a time that has not arrived yet.
christcb

Re: SMS time stamp / order off

Postby Chris » Tue May 18, 2010 12:30 pm

This sounds very similar to a defect that was fixed several months ago, so I'm wondering if they're related. Can you reproduce this problem and/or pick up a pattern as to when it happens? I presume the same messages show the correct date/time if you log into the Google Voice web site? The previous issue only happened when the message was sent/received during the noon hour and then affected subsequent messages in the same conversation.

Anyone else seeing this?
Chris

Postby Philippe » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm

This seems to happen to me whenever a thread of messages crosses local midnight time.
Philippe

Postby Chris » Fri May 28, 2010 5:45 pm

I realized I forgot to update this thread. I did create a defect in our tracking system for this. I'd expect it to be fixed soon.
Chris

Postby jongpie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:34 am

I noticed that yesterday's release has a bug fix listed for this, but I had this same issue last night. I was texting a friend starting around 11pm or so, and after midnight we sent 2-3 more messages. These last few messages appear at the top of the message thread.

The date for all of the texts is showing June 29th, instead of June 28th for the messages before midnight and June 29th for the ones after midnight. The timestamps are accurate, but the dates seem to be what's throwing off the sort order.

Just to be sure it wasn't my install, I deleted the database and reinstalled VoiceCentral and I still have the problem. (I've actually never had the problem before, but I may not have ever had texts that spanned across midnight)

If it helps, I'd be glad to send the Riverturn team a screenshot (but I'd rather not post it on the forums :) )
jongpie

Return to General Support