[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Contacts will not sync

Contacts will not sync

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Contacts will not sync

Postby bergman » Thu May 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Using the free version of Black Swan on the iPhone. I have hundreds of contacts showing when I log in to Voicecentral on my PC. When I sync, I get 3 contacts. When I changed a phone number and sync'd again, I got 4 contacts. Clearly there's a communication issue. Is there something that I can do to get all of my contacts to sync?
bergman

Re: Contacts will not sync

Postby Chris » Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm

VoiceCentral only syncs the My Contacts group from Google Voice and only if the contact has a phone number (since VC cannot "do" anything with an e-mail address). Are you looking in the My Contacts group or in the All Contacts section?
Chris

Postby Chris » Thu May 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Also, are you frequently presented with a CAPTCHA challenge (letters in an image) when logging into VoiceCentral?
Chris

Postby bergman » Thu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm

"My Contacts" has 1400 contacts in it.
bergman

Postby Chris » Thu May 06, 2010 6:26 pm

What about the CAPTCHA challenge? It's possible that the number of requests being sent to Google on your behalf to fetch your contacts is triggering a CAPTCHA challenge from them. If that's the problem, please submit this form using your Google Voice username and password:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

If that's not the problem, try deleting your contacts from VoiceCentral and trying again. To clear your contacts in VoiceCentral, go to the Keypad tab, enter ##335*266#, and tap Call. Then try to sync again.
Chris

Return to General Support