[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Cannot listen to voicemail!

Cannot listen to voicemail!

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Re: Cannot listen to voicemail!

Postby mrolfer » Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 am

mrolfer

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Tue May 04, 2010 10:00 am

The iPhone firmware is the most current update available from apple and the Black Swan Firmware is version 1.1.0.
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Tue May 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Not sure how or who fixed it, but it's fixed. Thanks!
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby Chris » Tue May 04, 2010 1:55 pm

No changes were made on the server or you would've seen the "updating" message. Is the problem resolved for you as well, mrolfer?
Chris

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Back to square one again. The error disappeared for the better part of the day and now it's BACK!
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby mrolfer » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Unlike Mtornay I have never seen it work and it still does not work.
mrolfer

Postby mrolfer » Wed May 05, 2010 6:27 pm

I had signed up for the Premium account a few days ago and if this is not fixed I feel that I should not start paying. I have also experienced a lot of difficulty trying to use the search function in my contacts list. More often than not it does not return an entry for what I know to be a valid search.

I would like to support your app but if such basic functionality does not work I will probably not be inclined to use this app.
mrolfer

Postby stuart » Thu May 06, 2010 11:55 am

We have a theory, and we're testing it now. We think it's a funky character being returned by Google, and every once-in-a-while, causes this.

Intermittent bugs dive me crazy.

Stuart
stuart

Postby recycle » Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm

I suddenly started getting this error today starting about 10 minutes ago. It affected all my voicemails including one's from weeks ago that used to play fine.

I tried using only WiFi and then only 3G -- no difference. Voicemails played fine on my PC.

Then I power-cycled the phone and it started working again.
recycle

Postby Chris » Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 pm

We thought we had a fix since the problem went away for both people that had reported it, but then it started happening again for at least one user. I'm 99% sure we have the cause isolated now, but we still need to figure out the best solution.

In the meantime, anyone experiencing this issue can work around it by launching Safari and logging into the Google Voice web site (check the "remember me" box). After that, VoiceCentral will not have a problem playing your voicemails.
Chris

Previous

Return to General Support